Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte.ie

Options
  • 07-06-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

hi headin to thailand for the summer, but still wanna be able to watch the live streams on rte.ie is there a way i can access my internet server from thailand cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What makes you think you can't just access the live streams over there? Do RTE restrict access somehow?

Thailand has _loads_ of internet cafes. Most of them have reasonable connections (though obviously you'll get better download speeds if you go when they're not busy).

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

yeah they have restrictions on it u can only view when in the republic of ireland,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hmmmm. That's a bit crap.

I'd say your best bet is to try to find a free proxy, or to set one up on your home machine (password protected) and use that while abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

is it difficult to set up a proxy on my own machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The geoblocking is a pain in the hole. Whoever reads this in RTE; get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They only block things that they dont have the rights to broadcast overseas. Things like the news, the late late show and the footbal punditry is viewable all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

There're still plenty of things blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, but they generally only block things that they legally have to. They can't broadcast GAA, soccer, or US TV over the world, because they only have the rights to broadcast it in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thailand is horendous for international internet...

anything local, i.e downloads surfing to thai pages is fast.

as soon as you go to a site/download thats foreign (not hosted in thailand ) the speed is absolute cack.

i had 4mb broadband there with somethai company. suppose to be the fastest available for home use. it was great while i was surfing anything in thai, but as soon as i went onto something like boards.ie / youtube / torrents / mininova / or any other decent page i was waiting at least 1 min for the page to load.

i tried to stream beat fm from http://www.beat102103.com/ but no hope in hell of it working.

besides, if your only going for the summer, you wont spend much time on the net :p

Advertisement