Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to house sale if company goes bankrupt?

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey. I am a potential first time buyer and the newly built four bedroom house I am interested in and that I have viewed twice is on the market for 2800000 having dropped from 310, 000. There's twelve of them in total with just two sold. I heard from a very reliable source yesterday that the construction company who built and are selling the houses was declared bankrupt the day before and I was wondering what happens now...... Can i go in at a lower offer, say 260000 in the hope the bank will just be looking for a quick sale?? Do i make a move now or just take a back seat till the last few are remaining?!

I am 24 and I am totally new to all of this so any advice will be very much appreciated, thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

On a slightly unrelated subject....your are only 24 man, do you really wanna tie yourself down to some house with a huge mortgage when you are so young? What happens if a job opportunity arises abroad, you get itchy feet etc. Each man to his own but....Too much of the world to see!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Companies do not go bankrupt. Individuals do. If the company has gone into receivership of liquidation the receiver or liquidator will sell the assets. A low offer may well work. Be careful about your deposit. Only pay deposits through solicitors in this situation. AT 24 you have a lot to learn so the sooner you start the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In such a situation.

Be careful.

Only act when you have independent legal advice.

Get as much information as you can on the situation - look for legal notices, check the internet and council planning office. www.irisoifigiuil.ie might have a legal notice about the company, it might take a few days to filter through though.

Get your mortgage, life assurance, etc. in order now, so you can move quickly.

Advertisement