Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrik Antonius on Full Tilt

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

he's officially a pro on full tilt now, when did this happen?
    used to enjoy watching him actually destroy the tables on b2b :(

probably not worthy of a new thread but i dont care,
    oh and i heard a rumour that pro's get 100% rakeback, anyone know if thats true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Yeah wasn't he some kind of rep for Martinspoker (which is one the Entraction network). Good move out of him becoming a Full Tilt Pro though, imo. I don't understand why more pros do this, this is where 95% of the big games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

There was an interview on Raw Vegas or something with him, he's not just a sponsored Pro, he's a member of "Team Full Tilt" which is just these guys: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/ourTeam.php

According to Lederer in the Interview the last addition to the "Team" was Cunningham 2 or 3 years ago, so he's more then all the other sponsored Pro's and Cardrunners guys... AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

Ste05 wrote: »
    There was an interview on Raw Vegas or something with him, he's not just a sponsored Pro, he's a member of "Team Full Tilt" which is just these guys: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/ourTeam.php

According to Lederer in the Interview the last addition to the "Team" was Cunningham 2 or 3 years ago, so he's more then all the other sponsored Pro's and Cardrunners guys... AFAIK

thanks, just saw it there
    http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=601a6aabcb27da88dfed0aac23d54e

i never even heard of that site before, something new to waste hours with now so :)

p.s. ivey is actually a rock in real life too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Yep, that's the one, it's not a bad site alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wonder what he'll do now that he can't change sn's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Pa2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

Ste05 wrote: »

they are basically the shareholders with howard being the kingpin.. they all make so much money that they'll never go broke aslong as fulltiltpoker is functioning

How come a lot of those guys never play, except in promotional tournaments? Its wrecks my head. I want to see Harnam, Cunningham etc. play a highstakes cashgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

because they suck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

valor wrote: »
    because they suck

I don't think Cunningham sucks........

Am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i dont think any of them really suck..especially not cunningham..but then again i dont have a wsop cash lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Well, when I say they suck, I am saying that in relative terms. If Cunningham or Harman sat down to play nose bleed NL cash on Full Tilt it would be like throwing a bleeeding carcass into the middle of the most shark infested waters in the world

When they play live tournaments or live cash games with other similar live players, they are both probably among the better players. I think Harman is meant to be very good at mixed games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Harman is awful, i dont care what cashes she has, she sucks.

Valor is better than Cunningham obv, wtf like, im serious btw n00bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

mdwexford wrote: »

lol u just back from the pub??

True or not, that sounds like the words of man out in the smoking area after 15 pints of cider. LoL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

I don't think Cunningham sucks........

Am I wrong?
    Cunningham is the best mtt player in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Everytime you go on the beer you post something ridiculous, Nicky wont be happy you sucking up to Valor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He's pure class

chdpoker wrote: »

He's pure class

If he's so class he should take up the challenge and develope his game to become one of the top online guys. I know he doesn't need the money and it would be a lot of hard graft, but imo he should take the challenge as a poker player.

Tight Ted wrote: »
    If he's so class he should take up the challenge and develope his game to become one of the top online guys. I know he doesn't need the money and it would be a lot of hard graft, but imo he should take the challenge as a poker player.
    imo you dont really know what your talking about.He's the worlds best MTT player. Ivey and Negreanu say it aswell.they must be wrong!

• Advertisement

chdpoker wrote: »
    imo you dont really know what your talking about.He's the worlds best MTT player. Ivey and Negreanu say it aswell.they must be wrong!

I'm not denying he's the best MTT player. I'm basically just saying if I was him and had his ability, I'd develop my online cash game, and try to crack the top limits like Ivey/Antonious. But I'm not him, he probably values his free time to spend with family, friends w/e.

Tight Ted wrote: »
    I'm not denying he's the best MTT player. I'm basically just saying if I was him and had his ability, I'd develop my online cash game, and try to crack the top limits like Ivey/Antonious. But I'm not him, he probably values his free time to spend with family, friends w/e.
    he doesnt really play big live cash so why start on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lol drinkaments.

He might be better than him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

this is the truth..

and tight ted cunningham would never wanna face the challenge of beating the online players or nosebleed cash etc.. he's a complete introvert and would prefer to hide in a cave than to showcase himself.. he has enough money as it is anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭GioSosStavros

I played him live once, I made him think I was pondering a call but all I was really thinking about was Vegas and the f-cking Mirage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I'm on full tilt and it's late. And Patrik Antonius sits down. And everybody stops. You know, finddagrind. Theres not a blackjack game going because all of the degens are there railing. And some of them are playing, but they're giving away their chips just to say, "I played with a pro"

And you know what I did? I sat down. I know what you're thinking, you need 50-60 grand to play right in that game. Well I had 6, but I had to find out.

I played tight. Folded mostly. Until I made a score. Guess what I had and it wasn't wired aces or kings. Rags. I had nothing. But I figured who cares about the money. I just wanna outplay the guy. I just wanna outplay this guy this hand. So I raised. And he came right back over the top of me like I'm some ****in' railtard. So I hesitate for like 2 seconds, I re raise.

Then he tanked. Looked at my avatar. Looked at his cards and looked at my avatar again. And he mucked it. I took it down. He asks me, "did you have it?" I write, "sorry Pat... I don't remember."

Then I got up and clicked on the cashier. I sat with the best in the world, and I won.

mr.plough wrote: »
    i'm On Full Tilt And It's Late. And Patrik Antonius Sits Down. And Everybody Stops. You Know, Finddagrind. Theres Not A Blackjack Game Going Because All Of The Degens Are There Railing. And Some Of Them Are Playing, But They're Giving Away Their Chips Just To Say, "i Played With A Pro"

And You Know What I Did? I Sat Down. I Know What You're Thinking, You Need 50-60 Grand To Play Right In That Game. Well I Had 6, But I Had To Find Out.

I Played Tight. Folded Mostly. Until I Made A Score. Guess What I Had And It Wasn't Wired Aces Or Kings. Rags. I Had Nothing. But I Figured Who Cares About The Money. I Just Wanna Outplay The Guy. I Just Wanna Outplay This Guy This Hand. So I Raised. And He Came Right Back Over The Top Of Me Like I'm Some ****in' Railtard. So I Hesitate For Like 2 Seconds, I Re Raise.

Then He Tanked. Looked At My Avatar. looked At His Cards And Looked At My Avatar Again. And He Came Straight Back Over The Top Again. I Layed It Down. I Asks Him, "did You Have It?" He Wrote, "dont Talk To Me Kid, You Suck Dou You Know Who I Am Im P.A."

Then I Got Up And Clicked On The Cashier Shed A Tear And Turned Of The Laptop. I Sat With The Best In The World, And Got Pissed On.

Fyp

lol ^^

apparently he sat with urindanger last night and the guy ran qiuck smart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I don't know much about Cunningham's lifestyle but he always struck me as being an intellectual unlike the likes of Ivey or Antonius. Don't get me wrong those guys have incredible processing power and concentration but are happy to spend their whole lives gambling, maybe Cunningham just doesn't want to waste every day of his life making himself richer than he needs to be. Remember this guy has won more tournament money than anyone outside of the 3 recent WSOP main event lucksack winners, and actually he does play high stakes cash games.

I read an interview where he said he would advise against people becoming professional poker players saying it wasn't a very clever thing to do. I respect the fact he doesn't spend all his time playing online like some of the others. And when you are as good as he is you don't have to prove yourself to anyone. Ivey and Negreanu didn't just say he was the best MTT player in the world, both of them have said he was the best player among their group.

Advertisement