Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Office Home & Student 2007 - Help

Options
  • 07-06-2008 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I bought a laptop in February this year and paid extra to have Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007, installed on it. I have not really used the program that much untill last week.

It worked fine until yesterday, but now the ribbon along the top where you can for mat change font etc, is un-highlighted and won't work and it also won't let me type into the program.

I've tried word, excel and powerpoint and none of them seem to work.

At the bottom of the window it says 'This modification is not allowed because the selction is locked'. I have already download the SP1 for Office, but it doesn't seemed to have helped.

I understand I have obviously locked the program unintentionally, but I don't know how to get it unlocked, and I really need the program to work. I could always bring it back the shop, but I would prefer not to as it's far away and a great hinderance to get there.

An image of what I am talking about: http://www.xylophonik.net/test/word.png

Regards,
    Darren

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try this (http://www.city-xs.de/probs_and_solutions/) and see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For a bit of hindsight, try this too:

http://www.openoffice.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

It's not working. Looks like I will bring it into the shop so, it looks like they never activated it .:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did they actually install it for you or just sell you the copy? If it wasn't activated it would tell you that you had a certain amount of trys left before it would needto be activated. Did you ever get a message like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Did they actually install it for you or just sell you the copy? If it wasn't activated it would tell you that you had a certain amount of trys left before it would need to be activated. Did you ever get a message like that?

They installed it for me. I never got the message telling me I had x amount of trys left, but a window did always open up from the start, prompting me to enter my 25 character product key. Before the window pops up, the ribbbon on the page is highlighted as if you can use it but the minute you close that window it returns to being locked.

Darren

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

And did you not enter the 25 character product key?

It should come on a little certificate thingy

Advertisement