Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spreadsheet to calculate days left

Options
  • 07-06-2008 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

i want to set up a spreadsheet where i am putting different dates in one column and then in the next column it will show me how many days are left to that deadline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Kane

culabula88 wrote: »
    i want to set up a spreadsheet where i am putting different dates in one column and then in the next column it will show me how many days are left to that deadline.

Here is how you would do it in Excel:

-> Enter todays date in one cell (say D1)
    -> You can either type this in or use "=TODAY()" (Don't type in quotes!!)
    -> If Column A is the deadline dates and you want Column B to be Days left then the formula (say for Cell B2) would be "=A2-$D$1"
    -> This is just Deadline date (A2) minus Todays Date ($D$2). I have made todays date absolute by putting dollar signs around it so that you can copy it down and the reference stays the same.
    -> Make sure to change the format of Column B to General (By choosing Format Menu and Cells sub-menu).

I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

I have some of the deadline dates typed in as 19th June etc. is there any way I can change these to 19/06/2008 format in order to use the formulas as outlined by you above.

Advertisement