Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Predictions anyone?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

Have heard drugs, racism and poverty are pretty safe bets. any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anyone doing german?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

Yeah me!!!
    I think all those aswell and then homelessness aswell!!
    My teacher seemed to think something on europe was coming up so I'm doing all those just to be on the safe side!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

cool thanks! i didn't prepare anything on Europe so I suppose I better do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 blueepurple

we've been told environment is fairly likely and maybe a bit on the olympics but probably not much because "profisport" came up before, I think in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

can you PREDICT German?

arent the comprehensions just full on random bull
    which is CRAZY tbh to put in an exam
    when the vocab isnt even on the course!!

think environment came up recently so i dout it will again!
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

laura* wrote: »
    can you PREDICT German?

arent the comprehensions just full on random bull
    which is CRAZY tbh to put in an exam
    when the vocab isnt even on the course!!

think environment came up recently so i dout it will again!
    :confused:
    Well who knows whats coming up in the comprehension.
    But our teacher thinks relative pronouns are very likely oh and id check out adjective ending aswel.

As for the letter im gonna go over my oral, learn stuff like school and the likes and go over my hardback. Not much else I can do really.

I need a C1 in german for my top 4 college courses so im fairly nervous about this exam.
    But I did really well in my oral and im very good at the aural so even if the writeen doesnt go too great I should be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

I'm not sure about predictions but yesterday my German teacher randomly gave us all sheets on the olympic games, so that might come up. He doesn't usually hand out sheets for no good reason...

I'm actually super worried about this exam. I really want to do super well in this as I hope to keep up German in college..I mean I'm even going to Germany at the end of the month!!

*Sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Niamhd164

Ahhhhh... Inm going to fail this subject!!!

The olympics?? How do you even say that in german?!

Sumbdy help PLEASE!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Our german language assistant wisely advised me that if the paper is not to my liking i should scream out the following words

120268297019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

i think that you should be doin
    1. drugs because it was topical in november when the paper was written
    2.Homeless and racism
    3. Im pretty sure obesity will be a sure bet this year
    4.I was given lots on europe by my teacher such as cliches about germany and ireland, also was given notes on the economy of both ireland and germany!!!

this is just a few of the 30 essays i got 2 learn of !!!!
    remember that these topics could come up in the Auserung zum Thema and the letter so its well worth learning them off.

• Advertisement

Ya my 2nd choice is doing commerce with german in ucc, what german course are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ya my 2nd choice is doing commerce with german in ucc, what german course are you doing?

Well my I'm hoping to get into Mary I (primary teaching) and if I were to get in then I would probably take up German, Irish and philosophy in my first year. So it's not a german specific course per-say.

But if I were to end up doing arts then I would probably consider German as a option there too.

Well my I'm hoping to get into Mary I (primary teaching) and if I were to get in then I would probably take up German, Irish and philosophy in my first year. So it's not a german specific course per-say.

But if I were to end up doing arts then I would probably consider German as a option there too.
    Ah yes Mary I im very familiar with the place, thought it was only primary teaching they did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

lizt wrote: »
    Have heard drugs, racism and poverty are pretty safe bets. any others?

Crap...I must skipped the classes we done for those topics...and I skipped a lot of classes. I'm so screwed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

1huge1 wrote: »
    Well who knows whats coming up in the comprehension.
    But our teacher thinks relative pronouns are very likely oh and id check out adjective ending aswel.

+1

The man speaks sense as my teacher said that same thing, and she has a scary obsession with all things grammar related.

Advertisement