Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Studies

Options
  • 06-06-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

whats expected to come up in both papers this year
    for anyone doing it????????:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lorthas

the stuff that always comes up will be on it, but I also think bank reconciliation will come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 hardcorev1bes

well on paper one-budget,club accounts...paper two-ledger accounts,profit loss app. account and im not sure what else

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

study the trade and profit & lose ac,apprapiton,balance sheet.The household budget and the budget comparsen.Our teacher said this come every year so learn them.what did you get for your mocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

74%

as they say you wil increase by 10%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

i didnt even study and i got 74, and now i have studied, so an A is on the cards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

man,im doing higher and im hating it,can you change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    I think I got in the 50's and I'l have to do a hell of a lot of study to do much better now. Although my result was one of the best in the class. Unfortunately our good business teacher got pregnant in second year and we were stuck with Ms.Crazy who wouldn't listen to us when we told her she was wrong or told her that we'd already done something. So she left because we were too brazen for pointing out that her answers were wrong. Then we were stuck with subs for a few weeks and got Ms.Stupid whos idea of teaching us accounts was giving us a sheet with answers for a test the next day. And nobody learned it because you could cheat anyway. We did get our good teacher back a month or two ago but we still had stuff to learn and couldnt revise the stuff we'd forgotten for first year.

/Rant over

HaHa our teacher is terrible he cant even seem to do th ledgers or balance sheet questions himself so he just gives us one 4 homework nd never corrects them...:rolleyes:....hes also obsessed wit his laptop i dont think ive ever seen him blink

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

cool,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

re changing levels in the jc

it is possible but you need to get a letter from your exam secretary or principal to the superintendant allowing you to change level, you might get your parents to contact the school or bring in a letter.

unless you feel that you are going to fail, and have studied for honours all year, you are best advised to do honours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

I got 73 in the pres as i got 74 and 72 in the papers :P
    Ive gone over things now and i know what questions im going to do so hopefully im going to be up there for an A.... hopefully :S
    Also I'd advise everyone to do higher level if you have the choice and are undecided. There isnt much of a difference really and it looks good on your report sheet. Also, when your going up for the leaving cert, you get ALOT nore points for higher lvl subject than a pass. A1 pass is the same as C3 Honours. Thats alot of points difference when you look at it and LC business is supposed to be easier than leaving cert business and is basically the JC course revised with a few extras and its only one paper aswell =]
    Im definatly doing Business when it comes to the choices.

how is everyone feeling for tomz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

not good. Unfortunately i wasn't blessed with a good teacher and its been a joke for the whole three years. Students of all levels are thrown into the one class
    And theres 25 in it so its not the best learning environment to put it as nicely as i can!
    I'm fuuked for 2moro. I cant do the trading profit and loss, or club account. I can do the ledger question but not very well! At least i'm not keeping it next year! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

Feeling okay, abit peed that ive ost my notes on whats coming up which is why i came on here to c if anyone knows...
    I kno on paper 2... Budgets, plus/minus a/cs and bank reconciliation accounts are coming up and on paper 1 IT, T,P&L+App. a/c and probly insurance but thats as far as i can think...
    Hope that helps and if someone does know what else is coming up please tell me... thanks.

Advertisement