Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Can Delay You Doing L.C

Options
  • 06-06-2008 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hey.
    My friend is in another school and one of his friends was caught with a moblie phone.The teacher was sound and just told him to put the phone away and confiscated it.

If he was caught be any of my teachers they would have defo reported him.
    If you get caught you are banned from Certificate Exams for 3 YEARS

:eek:

It is a bit harsh IMO.What about yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how exactly is it harsh?

mobiles can give you an unfair advantage in any exam.

you're told to put them in your bags before the exam and turn them off.

is it so hard these days to not have a phone in your pocket for like ~2 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

I tough it was five years you were banned for.You cannot even do your driving test inside that five years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I think you have forgoten that some students don't have much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hey.
    .The teacher was sound and just told him to put the phone away and confiscated it.

Thats a bit contradictory :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Its on the rules that are supposed to be read out at the start of each exam that mobile phones are not permitted in the centre. Did he not pay heed to it? Surely if he insisted that he was to keep it on him he should have made sure it was on silent!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Thats a bit contradictory :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Its on the rules that are supposed to be read out at the start of each exam that mobile phones are not permitted in the centre. Did he not pay heed to it? Surely if he insisted that he was to keep it on him he should have made sure it was on silent!

Sorry she told him to switch it off and he had to give it to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Yea when me and my mate left the exam hall today, my mate rang this other chap inside and his phone was in a zip pocket that was stuck, didnt get it taken though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    There are rules that are supposed to be read out??? Our pre's were much stricter. We had to wait until the teachers said 'turn over your papers' to start.

That's what's supposed to be done in the Junior Cert aswell - have you not been doing that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm not sure if it's the same for the JC as the LC, presumably is... on our first exam on wednesday they read out the rules, then since then he just hands us the papers, waits for the time to go and then tells us to turn them over. Not turning it over immediately I think is more a mark of respect to the others who haven't got their papers yet. I mean, it's only a difference of a minute or two, but to get more time on the paper just because you sit closest to the examiner is unfair.

And yes, having a mobile phone can be seen as attempting to cheat, and getting caught cheating in a state exam is serious trouble. Not worth it. We just give our phones to the attendants outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

apparently your exam can be cancelled if you're caught with a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Yep, and thats the end of any state exams for the time you're banned for, including the driving license and any other licenses that are done through the state

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yep seriously, not worth it. Though the girl I'm supervising had her phone in her pocket, but I was turing mine off before the exam and she switched her off, so it really doesn't make a difference whether it's in her pocket or mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Our superintendant is bang on. He's a retired Ag. Science teacher, in his 60's I'd guesstimate. He read out the rules on day one and since then hasn't said anything. He sits at the desk at the top of the classroom and doesn't walk around or anything (Which I really like cause that would annoy me, someone pacing up and down the room!). In the other classrooms the Superintendants makes them take out ALL mobile phones, ipods etc. etc. and give them to the attendant outside the door. All our superintendant said on day one was that you shouldn't have any electronic devices you're not supposed to. Thats it :).
    What are ye're examiners like? Any funny stories? Our one is a bit hard of hearing but no-one takes advantage of it, and rightly so. He has also never once had a cup of tea or biscuit in the exam! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

Our superintendant was a bit slow....one lads phone went off really loudly durin maths paper 1 (homecoming by kanye west) and the teacher didnt even notice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Our superintendant is bang on. He's a retired Ag. Science teacher, in his 60's I'd guesstimate. He read out the rules on day one and since then hasn't said anything. He sits at the desk at the top of the classroom and doesn't walk around or anything (Which I really like cause that would annoy me, someone pacing up and down the room!). In the other classrooms the Superintendants makes them take out ALL mobile phones, ipods etc. etc. and give them to the attendant outside the door. All our superintendant said on day one was that you shouldn't have any electronic devices you're not supposed to. Thats it :).
    What are ye're examiners like? Any funny stories? Our one is a bit hard of hearing but no-one takes advantage of it, and rightly so. He has also never once had a cup of tea or biscuit in the exam! :D

Sounds like the guy who I had for my JC

I wanna be a supervisor and be that sound lol

Advertisement