Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding ps2 to home cinema system

Options
  • 06-06-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

this prob sounds like a daft question but i got myself a 32 inch jvc tv and home cinema system........everythin hooked up fine but when i turn on the ps2, the sound only works from the tv, not the other speakers. anyone any idea of what im doin wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

where are the connections coming from on the ps2 and where are they going ?

If only into the tv then you wont get any sound from your speakers

On the Xbox - the old one you had to buy a special cable with a digital out - which connected up to the cinema system and the video part went to the telly

You then had to tell the xbox to use the digital out instead - would assume its a similar set up on the ps2

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

im just connectin the ps2 using the standard scart lead into the tv but have tried it in the different places it can go. thot that the sound would automatically come through the speakers when connected to tv no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

no im afraid - scart means video and sound straight to the TV

it looks like the ps2 has an optical out on the back here is a guide

Your home cinema system should have an optical in - if it does the guide shows you the rest

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/70891-how-enable-dolby-digital-dts-my.html

hope that gets you started

Advertisement