Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another question about australian visas!

Options
  • 06-06-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

lol.

I am not qualified but want to work in australia and maybe get a trade out there, i've read about it before in the paper but can seem to find it now! i've been on immigrationunit.com and the likes but what do you do if you want to migrate but cant apply for the skilled migration visa??
    help please... as i would prob stay out there for over a year..

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As this is an immigration/migration question, I'm moving it to Abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

One option is the working holiday visa:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/index.htm

You could work for a year, see the place, then if you began a course or training after that, you cuold apply for a student visa.

If your training was then on the skilled list (a list of trades and qualifications needed), you could then apply for permanent residency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

+1 to the above, you'll get a working holiday visa no bother, just go from there once you're sure you like the place. Two mates of mine are out there now with no qualifications and are making $1000 a week on the sites.

Advertisement