Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride and/or Room Share for Waterford Tourney

Options
  • 06-06-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

I have a car and double room in the hotel reserved. I plan on leaving Dublin mid afternoon on Friday, return sometime Sunday. PM if interested.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

ozpoker wrote: »
    I have a car and double room in the hotel reserved. I plan on leaving Dublin mid afternoon on Friday, return sometime Sunday. PM if interested.

Cheers,

I hope for the sake of all concerned you have confused 'double' with 'twin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

krux wrote: »
    I hope for the sake of all concerned you have confused 'double' with 'twin'

Cultural error. "Double" in 'mercan means 2 beds. Sorry for any confusion. But I should check my reservation just in case. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Unfortunate phraseology on all counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

unfortunate Phraseology On All Counts.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

ozpoker wrote: »
    Cultural error. "Double" in 'mercan means 2 beds. Sorry for any confusion. But I should check my reservation just in case. :)

yeah good idea to check alright,there are enough nasty surprises in a tournament without having to share a bed with a strange 'filthy animal'

Good luck in the tournie oz..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

KevIRL wrote: »
    Lol

heads up game now dude ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

"Double" in 'mercan means 2 beds

So a room with 1 large bed "double bed" as we would say is what?, a standard room?

Conbro wrote: »
    So a room with 1 large bed "double bed" as we would say is what?, a standard room?

Yeah, most modern accommodations have as a minimum, 1 "queen" sized bed (slightly larger than a double here). More often your choices will be 2 queens or 1 king sized bed. So the distinction single/double is the number of beds.

What you call a single bed here, we call a "twin" (don't ask me why). These are only found in fairly old motels and hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I think there might be some cultural interpretation differences in relation to the offer of a ride also;)

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I think there might be some cultural interpretation differences in relation to the offer of a ride also;)

Just like a Waterford lad to kick a poor immigrant while he's down. :)

So educate me. How should I phrase my request before I start breaking hearts unintentionally? :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Oz - this would have been more appropriate for the pedants among the poker forum.

"I'm heading down to Waterford for the festival next weekend. I will be driving if anyone wants a lift and I have a spare bed in the room as well if anyone wants to cut costs or are caught short for a room. PM for more details".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

5starpool wrote: »
    Oz - this would have been more appropriate for the pedants among the poker forum.

"I'm heading down to Waterford for the festival next weekend. I will be driving if anyone wants a lift and I have a spare bed in the room as well if anyone wants to cut costs or are caught short for a room. PM for more details".

Hire that man as your PR Agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

I would suggest
    "C'mon and we'll thumb out to Tramore I'm already after ringin Danny Devine"

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

nicnicnic wrote: »

That's funny. LMFAO........

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Even the clarification is not helping 'a ride and a queen... I'll walk thanks very much:D

Advertisement