Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 11

Options
  • 06-06-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

No sign of Hanton so at this late stage I'm gonna stick up my predictions -

Kangaroos v Geelong - Cats
    Richmond v Adelaide - Crows
    Essendon v Hawthorn - Hawks
    West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans - Eagles
    Brisbane Lions v Fremantle - Lions
    St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Dogs
    Port Adelaide v Carlton - Port
    Melbourne v Collingwood - Pies

Seeing as I'm gonna be in Subi tomorrow I've gone with the heart and stupidly tipped the Eagles. Hunter's meant to be back but Rosa's broken his ankle, Waters is suspended and Josh Kennedy is out for three weeks with a knee injury. Ash Hansen could return too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

another terrible week in work! no time at all. missed fixing up my fantasy team as well, and Robert Murphy is out so will lose points there. Ah sure! cheers for posting up the fixtures xavi. I'm just watching the Geelong game here now, really good game so far, but Cats are keeping their noses in front. 4th quarter still to go.

Would have the same picks as yourself xavi, except the swans eagles game. Cant see the eagles pulling this one off, too many missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Absolute cracker at the Dome. North were superb and pushed Geelong all the way. Drew Petrie was fantastic for the Roos while Ablett was probably best on ground for the Cats. Finished 127 - 114.

Great start to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To say I'm absolutely gutted would be an understatement. Kicked the first goal inside the first minute and led right up until the final kick of the game.

The atmosphere in Subi was quality right from the off and the game certainly lived up the expectation. Eagles kicked 6 in the goal I was behind in the first quarter and we were on fire. Unfortunately it wasn't to be as Sydney crawled their way back into and won with a free pretty much on the siren.

Watching Daniel Kerr and Adam Goodes in the flesh was a pleasure. The two of them do an unbelievable amount of work for their respective teams. Goodes is just a monster. So quick and strong with great hands while Kerr is just everywhere and a tough fucker for such a small guy. Our own Tadhg Kennelly had a steady night at the office. A couple of wayward kicks but other than that he played well.

Highlight of the game was Adam Hunter's contender for Mark of the Year in the second quarter. Got up and took a massive speccy over two Swans and kicked the goal from the resulting mark. Amazing stuff.

All in all a great night out, just so disappointing to have lost it so late.

Advertisement