Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 pack Philips 11w(60W)long life bulbs €2.25

Options
  • 06-06-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

In Homebase ,Gulliver retail park,Santry. Dont know if in other homebases doing them, you can buy them singly for 49c each.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Wow, that's good. What form factor are they? Stick or bulb? Sticks tend to be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I'd guess its the sticks - they have a better light than the bulb imo.

Reason for reduction is the weee charge on small items including long life bulbs has been reduced to 0 since 1st June. (was 50c per bulb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

are these the 6 year life bulbs? still a great price!

Tescos are currently doing a buy one get one 'free' on the philips range - bought 2 x 100w equivalent long life bulbs (12 year life) for €5-50 or so - have seen them typically for €5 or €6 each in most places

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Onikage wrote: »
    Wow, that's good. What form factor are they? Stick or bulb? Sticks tend to be cheaper.

8 year life,A energy rating, stick type. They are just by checkouts (packs). Single one are in light section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

snellers wrote: »
    are these the 6 year life bulbs? still a great price!

Tescos are currently doing a buy one get one 'free' on the philips range - bought 2 x 100w equivalent long life bulbs (12 year life) for €5-50 or so - have seen them typically for €5 or €6 each in most places
    *they need to be 2 of the same bulb (ie not cheapest one free), only found that out when I got home :(

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Went to Homebase on Naas Rd yesterday evening but couldn't find them, maybe they were sold out. They had single 60w ones for 99c, would seem cheap norrmally but not when compared with the other offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bumping this as they have them back at this price again, just got 10 for €4.50 in homebase nutgrove. They are the 11w (60w in normal bulb terms) stick kind. seem to be fine so far for most places in the house but i think maybe a week bit dim for kitchen. I'll know tonight though :D

Oh and they are just infront of the tills in homebase to save you looking all over or asking the staff ;)

Edit i know its not huge but i just realised if id waited untill friday i would have saved .45c as it's 10% off day :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

i know its not huge but i just realised if id waited untill friday i would have saved .45c as it's 10% off day

Isn't that for the (cough, cough) over 65's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

okidoki987 wrote: »

I don't think so, though it probably would have cost me more than 45c on lighting with the esb if i waited till then :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

okidoki987 wrote: »

I thought tuesday was oap day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Has anyone seen long life ES (Edison Screw) bulbs anywhere? They do exist but I can't find them. these are the sort of bulb generally used for outdoor fittings such as porch lights. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

calex71 wrote: »
    Bumping this as they have them back at this price again, just got 10 for €4.50 in homebase nutgrove. They are the 11w (60w in normal bulb terms)

what do 100/150w in the short life ones equate to in the long life ones. And do they have them too? or doesn anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Basically, you divide by 5. (The 11w are actually = 55w old-style). You can get 100w equivalent all right, haven't seen 150w equivalent though. The problem might be that in a 150w equivalent, the tube/bulb would be getting too large?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Has anyone seen long life ES (Edison Screw) bulbs anywhere? They do exist but I can't find them. these are the sort of bulb generally used for outdoor fittings such as porch lights. Thanks.
    Think they might have them in Deckwells, on Sth Great Georges Street. Not certain about this as I was looking for SES ones (which they had).

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

http://www.avocalite.ie/products

this is the cheapest site i found. anyone know of any cheaper sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Bricks and mortar shops are a heck of a lot cheaper!

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

today and tomorrow is 10% off on everything

Advertisement