Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempt to restrict entire Drogheda-M1 to 60kms

Options
  • 06-06-2008 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭

Noticed an item on Drogheda Leader and it said Meath co. co. rejected the proposal to reduce the speed on entire Grangerath to M1 stretch to 60 kmph. Just want to double check if I understood this correctly.

IMHO, that was a ridiculous proposal. The road is perfectly fine it is used to high volume traffic before M1 came along. I feel very safe doing 80 there, I can’t understand why anyone would want to reduce that to 60.

May be they want to make M1 toll bridge more profitable or something? Good on Meath co.co. for rejecting the proposal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Who submitted the proposal, the NRA? :confused: That's a crazy idea as the traffic flows quite well at present. The only issue I see is traffic from Colp and Beabeg trying to get across the R132. I think there is a proposal for a big roundabout which should sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭gipi

I had to read the article several times to work out where exactly they're talking about - it's not the R132 itself (the main road through Julianstown, etc), it's the road from Colp Cross towards Platin & the M1 flyover......I think?

It's mentioned that the road is only 4KM in length and is rural in nature.

And I think the big roundabout is on its way, as part of the Grange Rath shopping centre complex - looks like it anyway!

(PS - should this thread not be in the Meath forum?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Ah, thanks gipi, its not too bad then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

gipi wrote: »

(PS - should this thread not be in the Meath forum?!)

lol go look up bettsytown on google maps...yes I didn't know it was in Louth either.

As for the colpe/platin road, whilst 80kmh is perfectly safe on it (save for the area with the staggered crossroads, that isn't signed)...60 would be taking the piss. I was on that road friday last doing the limit and some mad man in a navarra blew past me, doing at least 110. If people aren't doing the limit now, what makes the limit setters think that lowering it was going to do squat?
    That roundabout is needed, yesterday. Absolute joke getting out there some times...

Advertisement