Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Junction Festival

Options
  • 06-06-2008 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Just seen te line up for the Clonmel Junction Festival 08, have to say it's pretty impressive - Paul Brady, Moya Brennan, Cathy Davey, The Saw Doctors, The Blizzards and Republic of Loose. Full list of events at www.junctionfestival.com/.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Just seen te line up for the Clonmel Junction Festival 08, have to say it's pretty impressive - Paul Brady, Moya Brennan, Cathy Davey, The Saw Doctors, The Blizzards and Republic of Loose. Full list of events at www.junctionfestival.com/.

Yeah it's got a good comedy and music lineup this year. Neil Delamare, Ed Byrne and Albie Philim Bowman (parents saw him in Edinburgh and said he was great). The funfair with the unspellable name also looks interesting. Pity the theatre is so weak (well not weak but only 2 shows I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Paul Brady will be some gig.....am looking forward to that.

It's a pity Cathy Davey and THe Saw Doctors are on the same night. i'm leaning towards the Saw Doctors, hope I don't regret it. JUst looked at the brocheure last night and they're charging 1 euro per ticket (not transaction or show) if you book by phone, online or credit card. That means I'm going to have to withdraw around 400 euros to pay in cash! I know they have to cover the costs associated with credit cards but 1 euro a ticket is a bit much. A per transaction charge would be much fairer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I think that €1 charge is fairly standard, I've had to pay it for gigs in similar venues, it beats Ticketmaster's charges anyway!

I think that €1 charge is fairly standard, I've had to pay it for gigs in similar venues, it beats Ticketmaster's charges anyway!

Well beating Ticketmaster is something at least! My understanding of credit card transactions is that they are levied by the card company as a percentage of the price, typically 3-5%. So I want to go to 8 shows, will buy 2 tickets for most of them - that's 16 euros on top of the 320 euros for the tickets. I'd have been paying for all these on the one card in the one transaction. Was just alerting people to it really as I was going to buy everything online but think I'll just pop into the office in town instead now and pay in cash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement