Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question

Options
  • 06-06-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi, im looking for insurance on a 2002 Ford Focus 1.6

Im 21, 2 years full license and named driving exp. I recently got rear ended in my old car, not my fault (claimed off his insurance), so my question is do i have to put that down as a claim when getting a quote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It may be up to the insurance company but if you have claimed off someone else I don't see how that would concern the company you want to get insured with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

alanucc wrote: »
    Hi, im looking for insurance on a 2002 Ford Focus 1.6

Im 21, 2 years full license and named driving exp. I recently got rear ended in my old car, not my fault (claimed off his insurance), so my question is do i have to put that down as a claim when getting a quote?

It was an accident not a claim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

For the purpose of obtaining insurance this only relates to claims that you or others have made from your own insurance policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

For the purpose of obtaining insurance this only relates to claims that you or others have made from your own insurance policies.

Thanks! Im new to all this lark ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Not at all. The insurance forms (online or printed) are useless for telling you what they actually want to know. They just assume everybody does.

• Advertisement
Advertisement