Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestion....."Who's viewing" thread

Options
  • 06-06-2008 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭

On some vbulletin installations i frequent, at the top of each thread it informs one who is viewing the thread..............would/could this be a possible implementation for Boards? Tis a good idea....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

T'would be easily implemented from what I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It would be one of the better add-ons imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Probably to hard on the database

Sully wrote: »
    Probably to hard on the database
    + 1 It's getting a bit of a hammering as it is.. another lookup is something it doesn't need.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm pretty sure it used be a feature, but was turned off a couple of years back when they were investigating the source of the legendary slow-down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Faith wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it used be a feature, but was turned off a couple of years back when they were investigating the source of the legendary slow-down.
    I thought that too.

I really like the idea, but if I had to choose between that feature and a faster loading website, I'd go for the faster loading website.

Advertisement