Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want to be in band?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

If the answer is ‘Yes’ then you should contact me immediately.

I want to form a group of talented musicians who have a genuine desire to write and play music with others, for others.

I’m open-minded about the style and direction of the band so I am leaving the door open to all types of musicians, although I am keener on creative musicians with progressive ideas and a positive outlook.

Primarily I’m a guitarist/singer and I’m interested in playing Bass also. More information about me and one song are up on http://www.myspace.com/edhurrell (note that the song is 2/3 years old and not really representative of the style I envisage for this new band, however, I think it is a good a demonstration of my abilities as a song writer and vocalist).

Just to give you an idea…

I like: Ryan Adams, Daft Punk, Richard Hawley, The Knife, The Strokes, Cake, Marvin Gaye, Arcade Fire, The Smiths, Wilco, The Beatles, Final Fantasy, Arcade Fire, Fatboy Slim, Arctic Monkeys, Classical, Motown, Funk, I even allow myself a lot of guilty pleasure in listening to some very well crafted pop music.. and the list goes on

If you’re interested in discussing joining the band drop me a private message with your number and I’ll get in touch ASAP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ellex

Hey man..
    Im a 25 yr old budding songwriter and Im a keen singer, but havent done anything pro as of yet?

Any use?

Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 som

hi -i'm a drummer based in south-dublin, also place alot of emphasis on originality+creativity. Mostly into modern jazz -but Daft Punk + the Beatles are pretty special - send me a pm if you wanna jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gingj

I'm 27, experienced guitarist, from Kildare. Like the song, looking for some good original stuff to work with. jamesging@o2.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Esy

How do Ed. Sounds like my cup of tea. Pm me if you want to set something up. You seem to have had a decent repsonse here. Oh yes, I'm a guitarist, 25, in Ranelagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭mr.benn

hows it going?checked out your song up on myspace and that kind of things right up my street!im 19 and ive sang for all my life(various pointless pub bands),anyway id love to be in a indie,poppy sort of band like the delorentos or ham sandwich and try put our own stamp on the genre something a bit more ballsy!anyway i sing and play a good style of rythm guitar i dunno if this is of any interest to you but i wanna be apart of a band with a focus and a hunger so drop me a p.m and let me know what you tink,cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mockingbird

Hi ed,
    Ed here also, have a listen and see if you fancy getting involved, at the baby stages, but a good start would be a second guitarist /singer, the two of us could do a shockin amount of damage i'd say.

i remember your name, i think we must have played on the same bill in town a few years back,
    anyhow, if you dont feel too funny about being a second vocalist (as the person i'd be looking for would have to be great), i'd love to have an oul jam with ye because i think our voices would complement each others well.

the recordings were done by myself at home so there's no band yet, but thats why i'm here on boards, to find some great musicians who want it rather than talk about it.

http://www.bebo.com/odinshome

http://www.myspace.com/theculturevandals

hopefully talk soon

Ed (odins son)

Advertisement