Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Gas Hob in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 05-06-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I am interested in buying a gas hob. I note that all hobs sold in the Republic of Ireland are now modified so they cut out if the flame goes out.

The hob I am looking at is a Neff. It is over €120 cheaper in the North of Ireland. The product description says it has the automatic cut-out feature as standard.

Anyone know if this will be OK to use in the Republic? Real pain in the neck that we are charged so much more than in the North for the same products!!

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If it has the flame failure devices, then it should be fine.

Only other thing is ensure it has the jets for the gas system you use (butane or natural gas). most hobs come with both, one installed and other in a small bag to swap if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭corajen

is UK gas pressure the same as it is in Ireland and would a uk gas hob work in Ireland

Advertisement