Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Luxobarge II, The return of the Luxobarge.

Options
  • 05-06-2008 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

So after having my 745li being written off I have been trying to get a replacement.

It has proved fairly difficult but I finally have a replacement, and get it on Monday. Very excited, it is a 750i sport. Very nice indeed. I will mostly be using it to travel to environmental protests and suchlike. :D

MrP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Would you not get a prius instead? They are oh so cuddly and nice to polar bears!!:rolleyes:

Best of luck with the 750i mate, how was the claim settled in the end? It looked like a messy one form the pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Good luck with it Mr.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Would you not get a prius instead?

Because they're sh!te. I was in one yesterday and I was surprised how cheap and crappy they are inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Good luck OP and don't forget that the earth has actually been cooling down in recent years too:)! So much for "Global Warming" - and has anyone else noticed how the greenies have only talked about "Climate change" in recent times?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

bigkev49 wrote: »

Best of luck with the 750i mate, how was the claim settled in the end? It looked like a messy one form the pictures.
    All good. I received a letter form the solicitor say "the third party" has admitted full liability. Not sure how they divided things up but the car end of things is almost resolved. It is down as an open no fault incident.

I am hoping to get a least a weeks driving out of this one.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd have bought 10 year old barge pocketed the difference! We will demand pix so we can make before/after comparisons! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

12 cylinders, mmmmm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

MrPudding wrote: »
    I will mostly be using it to travel to environmental protests and suchlike. :D

Ha!:D

I hope to buy a dirty great gas guzzler - I'll take great pride in overtaking all those beardie Green Party lefties:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ronnie3585 wrote: »

I hope to buy a dirty great gas guzzler - I'll take great pride in overtaking all those beardie Green Party lefties:D
    We'll all be dead before it really kicks in. You could try sneering at your kids.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Haha, yea bue sure to load it with the brakes while doing so for maximum fuel consumption.

Hope to buy an 02/03 XJR over here. Never into personalised plates, but I think "noprius" would be great, just to pi$$ the delusional greenies off.

I remember reading an article which approximated that 80% of the environmental damage that the average car does over the course of its life, is done before it even gets off the delivery truck at the dealership. Think about it, metal mining and processing, factory energy, transport. Makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Anan1 wrote: »
    12 cylinders, mmmmm :)
    The E65/E66 750i/Li has 8 cylinders. The E32 and E38 750i/iL did have 12 though;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Is that not cheaper than the LI?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,089 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Great news, thanks for the update!

Now some links / pics please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Hey MrP, glad to hear you finally got that nonsense squared away. Good luck with the new motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,089 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I have a feeling the replacement is a year younger than the crashed car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Hope you're getting free petrol now that it's near the €1.50 mark a litre over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

E92 wrote: »
    The E65/E66 750i/Li has 8 cylinders. The E32 and E38 750i/iL did have 12 though;)!
    Yes, only 8 on this one. Though I nearly had a 760Li from a BMW internal auction, but it went for more than I was will to pay.... It was still a bargain though.
    Not a great deal of difference. I would have preferred the Li but they are really hard to get. There are a few showing on the website but when you call about them they are either sold already or simply not available.
    unkel wrote: »
    Great news, thanks for the update!

Now some links / pics please :)
    It is being delivered monday. Pics will follow shortly after.
    unkel wrote: »
    I have a feeling the replacement is a year younger than the crashed car :D
    Or two.... :D

MrP

Advertisement