Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork

Options
  • 05-06-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

I had planned on visiting the big smoke and possibly
    finding my way to Shiva's store...but he has all of my money already!
    but it looks like the BOSS may want to goto Cork instead since she lived there
    for about 2 years.

Is there a (reputable) walk in store anyplace in Cork?
    (that is walkable from the bus station)

Reason I ask is the girlfriend wants to take a trip down to Cork
    on Saturday so I know myself I will end up probably sticking me head
    into the enemy MMMMaaaaddds store and I could be tempted by the over the top prices simply because I had made it to Cork and the Mrs had gone shopping
    and the feeling would be I would need to buy something for my troubles!

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

bullets wrote: »
    I had planned on visiting the big smoke and possibly
    finding my way to Shiva's store...but he has all of my money already!
    but it looks like the BOSS may want to goto Cork instead since she lived there
    for about 2 years.

Is there a (reputable) walk in store anyplace in Cork?
    (that is walkable from the bus station)

Reason I ask is the girlfriend wants to take a trip down to Cork
    on Saturday so I know myself I will end up probably sticking me head
    into the enemy MMMMaaaaddds store and I could be tempted by the over the top prices simply because I had made it to Cork and the Mrs had gone shopping
    and the feeling would be I would need to buy something for my troubles!

~B

Well there's not really any reputable store in cork other than the online one but dw2 is well within walking distance of the bus stop.
    Pretty poor prices but you'll find the odd bargain and its handy for gas/bbs etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

if you let me know what you want - i live in town so i can drop stuff to you.

Now thats service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

I was in town the other day and i was a bit annoyed to find they only stock the M1911... lovely piece of gear, but not what I'm looking for..

They're really after scaling back their Airsoft stock lately.....
    hope this won't extend to gass and BBs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I was in town the other day and i was a bit annoyed to find they only stock the M1911... lovely piece of gear, but not what I'm looking for..

They're really after scaling back their Airsoft stock lately.....
    hope this won't extend to gass and BBs!

I believe thats because they are moving...

I believe thats because they are moving...

****! i Didn't know that.
    City center rents getting o them I guess. Any idea where to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

****! i Didn't know that.
    City center rents getting o them I guess. Any idea where to?

who knows, probably so many people complaining about airsofguns been sold on the high street that they need to move to the moon:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

they are moving down to princes street some another side street near oliver plunkett st anyways and they are going to have a gun room just for Airsoft so that only interest player can go in...

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

They're moving to princes street, because they want a walk in store, they are also putting kiosks in mahon point and blackpool shopping centre, but those 2 are only for gadgets and the like, Their stock is pretty low at the moment because they dont want to be transferring all the heavy goods around town, especially the guns

I'd say it's more a matter of the high inner city rent and the lack of room for expansion. Chillax Killinator! I haven't hear squat about complaints over AEGs or Airsoft in Cork at all. It makes a lot of sense to let bigger stuff like AEGs go low before a move.

Great to hear they're keeping Airsoft gear on the cards! Great news!

I suppose its a good sign they are tring to seperate themselves from the likes of MMMMMMmmmmmaaddd, by showing they are not just in it for the quick buck. They appear to be making an effort.

• Advertisement

I suppose its a good sign they are tring to seperate themselves from the likes of MMMMMMmmmmmaaddd, by showing they are not just in it for the quick buck. They appear to be making an effort.

While the stuff Mad has (i am not typing that much!) looks good..... I avoid that place like a Bubonic Plague carrier..... it's so damn seeeeeedy in there!! :mad:

Good sign for us anyway, we'll still have a source of BBs and gas, if not a place to find cheaper clones....

Dave, you better get a bigger teapot.... We'll be spending ALOT more time at your house!!:D (Only Joking.....But not really).

As far as Mad goes, I've come to a conclusion. Take a look at the gun.... The more accessories(Silencer, Laser, Flashlight, Scope etc.,etc.) it has the more reasons NOT to get it.

the only thing that dw2 need to do now is to lower some of the prices on their guns, its very expensive in there, charging €515 for a CA aug a1, rip of, i bought on their moving away sale price for 300 and the charger was an extra 60 euro, joke, but it is painless to go and buy some of thier cheaper stuff, like gbb pistols, they also dont stock too many cheap AEGs which is a bit of a bummer

the likes of MMMMMMmmmmmaaddd

Its actualy only mmmad:)
    No need for unessesary finger stress:pac:

Mmmad are even more overpriced for guns than dw2, the steyr ssg for €80 on MIA is €350 in Mmmad,

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Its actualy only mmmad:)
    No need for unessesary finger stress:pac:

Yu sir have just saved me many miliseconds of hassle!!!:p

*shudders over mention of Mmmmmaaaad again*

Yu sir have just saved me many miliseconds of hassle!!!:p

Glad to be of service!:D

Advertisement