Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing level on the day

Options
  • 05-06-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Whats the story with this? Do I just say it to the examiner before the exam or what?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The examiner should ask you before the put the little sticker on your answer booklet, if they don't or if they've put the wrong sticker for you on then just say in to them, all it takes is a new sticker!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If I remember rightly you have to get something signed my your princple or something. Then again you could just take the paper. After all they still have to mark it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Nope, nothing signed, we've signed for it a couple of months ago but thats just so they get an idea of how many papers they're going to need.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

If you're planning on dropping to OL Maths don't! The course is slightly different and you might do worse in OL. Unless yo're in danger of failing I'd highly recommend sticking with HL.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

:S i cant even remember what level i signed for maths,i have a feeling i'm going to annoy this examiner :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

I already dropped and was in ol class,but was after we signed i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Just when there handing out the papers you just say what level you want..thats it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

if you were taking higher level could u look at the paper first and then ask for an ordinary level paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

Your principal has to write a formal letter and give it to the examiner that day. This is the only way to cancel out the fact that you opted for higher level on the form you filled out a couple months ago in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭spillit67

22diamonds wrote: »
    Your principal has to write a formal letter and give it to the examiner that day. This is the only way to cancel out the fact that you opted for higher level on the form you filled out a couple months ago in school.

I don't think thats the case for the LC, JC maybe. I know that in my centre that out of 18 all were down for honours english then 2 decided they would drop just before, they didn't need a letter.

In response to the question about checking honours then going ordinary, thats not allowed.

• Advertisement

22diamonds wrote: »

Really....my teacher told me nothing like that, because i told her i wanted to drop down to pass Home ec..and she said thats grand you can do it on the day!!!

Is it really important??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Back in the day when I did my Leaving, all I had to do was ask for an ordinary level paper when they were being handed out. No formal letters or anything. I presume it hasn't changed since then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

jus tell te exr what level you are doind and its simple a that:D

Thats what I was thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

if you were taking higher level could u look at the paper first and then ask for an ordinary level paper?

NO NO NO!!!! dont do that.they wont allow you have the ordinary paper once you've seen the higher paper.
    If you're planning on dropping down have a look over some pass marking schemes tonight. The course is sligtly different-q6/7/8. Especially the differentiation rates of change question.(q6)

Its basically
    1-arithmetic
    2-algebra
    3-algebra
    4-complex numbers
    5-sequences and series
    6-rates of change(differentiation0
    7-functions and graphs
    8-graphs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Hey guys, sorry to gravedig and everything but did anyone do this yet?
    Do you definetly just say it when your are getting the papers handed out and you can drop? There isn't any signatures/letters needed or is there?

Reason being im thinking of dropping to OL Irish tomorrow,don't have any work done for Irish and I don't need HL for points or course requirements.. so I figure whats the point of putting myself under loads of pressure monday night when I can drop half the work..

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

i did it for math

me :: "can i have the OL paper, im down for higher though"
    examiner :: "yeah grand no problem, heres ur sticker"

thats it no signatures or nething

Advertisement