Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Kuga has anyone test driven it yet?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Visited a Ford Garage yesterday to see the Kuga and had a test drive anyone else had one?
    Also asked what sort of deal I would get for px of 15 month old 407 with 20,000 miles.
    Very shock when I was offered only 19k again a new Kuga (Zetec)!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

Patti D. wrote: »
    Visited a Ford Garage yesterday to see the Kuga and had a test drive anyone else had one?
    Also asked what sort of deal I would get for px of 15 month old 407 with 20,000 miles.
    Very shock when I was offered only 19k again a new Kuga (Zetec)!!!!!!

Do really want a soft off roader based on a Ford Focus? Granted it is a pretty looking motor but it is way overpriced for what it is

Read here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2008/04/26/nosplit/mfford126.xml

Remember you ar trying to trade in against a nmew edition motor so the sales creep will offer you the least to screw you for the most he/she/it can.

Wait a bit and see if July car sales are good or not then try again.

Remeber if you are buying new it is very late in the year to get a 2008 reg and the price offered to you by any dealer should reflect that issue, remind them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Patti D.

Thanks Bee for your reply, I'm going to wait til Jan 09 to change and make up my mind, I'm very confused as to what car to get. The only thing I know is that it has to be is diesel.
    I'm thinking along the lines of the s40, but maybe that's too big for my needs as the "kids" both have their own cars, so I don't need to be their taxi anymore.
    I love the look of the hyundai coupe and the 180 mercedes coupe, but neither comes in diesel.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Bee wrote: »
    Do really want a soft off roader based on a Ford Focus? Granted it is a pretty looking motor but it is way overpriced for what it is

Focus based is a good thing

you need to start buing car mags and reading what proper motoring jurnos say not the crap in these rags - I dont remember ever reading a worthwhile review in the paper. although this guy does fairly rate this car too.

Remeber if you are buying new it is very late in the year to get a 2008 reg and the price offered to you by any dealer should reflect that issue, remind them!

Utter sh*te - mate do you think everyone in the world buys their cars from Jan to April only ?

Truely - this is the issue with boards.ie advice - its poorly informed opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Patti D. wrote: »
    Thanks Bee for your reply, I'm going to wait til Jan 09 to change and make up my mind, I'm very confused as to what car to get. The only thing I know is that it has to be is diesel.
    I'm thinking along the lines of the s40, but maybe that's too big for my needs as the "kids" both have their own cars, so I don't need to be their taxi anymore.
    I love the look of the hyundai coupe and the 180 mercedes coupe, but neither comes in diesel.......

The s40 is also based on the focus. Its not a very big car , no bigger than a hyundai or merc and more fun to drive than either.

Advertisement