Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shortages...

Options
  • 05-06-2008 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the reason for the power shortages in port as of late???

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Well, thats a funny story. When it went of tuesday evening i was plugging in a phone a bang. the whole estate was out at least. And i've blown every bulb in the house at least twice since last August. Some even more than that. and some of these LED bulbs are meant to last 15 years. Getting rightly pee'd at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

No but I know it messed up Grey's Anatomy for me!!!

And Kikel, my hubby freaks at the lightbulb situation in the house. He has only lived with me for 3 years but I swear every bulb has been changed twice! I keep telling him that it wasn't the case before he moved in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

No but I know it messed up Grey's Anatomy for me!!!

+1

I thought it was my fault cause i changed a bulb in the lamp, switched it on, then nothing...and the alarm in the house went haywire!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

im in my current house nearly 4 years... when we moved in first i was changing bulbs nearly every week, but a year ago we decided to put in low energy bulbs everywhere, and i can swear i havent had to change a bulb since... the €5 cost of them is extermly worth it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

sydthebeat wrote: »
    and i can swear i havent had to change a bulb since... the €5 cost of them is extermly worth it!!!

We are the same but eh where the hell are you getting them for 5euro???? We paid 8!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

dont know but it seriously p%$sed me off was just getting dug into the new series of Greys Anatomy after getting numerous interuptions!:mad:

On the good side at least it didnt happen last night when BB was on!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

i was just about to open a bottle of beer when it happened and then the other half had me runnin around the place lookin for candles even though theres about 5 million already in the sitting room but we cant lit them:confused:.... BB undecided are you a fan of that,, wasnt the chinese one mad

I was cracking up coz had to light my candles in sitting room too! lol

Yeah she was hilarious :D some intresting characters on it! Hope its good! only got into it last yr didnt really bother before that

now if you dont mind me sayin so but isnt there some hotties in there(ladys i mean)... some weirdos too though, no way did you lit the candles in your sitting room my god undecided,,, thunmbs up though

lol yeah some good lookers alright AND youll get some lovely eyefulls with the glass bathroom doors!lol Not a decent looking bloke among them!:(

Would ye go on it given the oppurtunity PB?

• Advertisement

ah shur id do anything for a laugh so i prob would.. wot bout you undecided for some reason i reckon you would be a definite for it

would love to do it but id reckon id lose the head looking at the same people for that long! Id hate that end of it and the fact that so many would see me lose the head as well! Id be known as the mad 'un who lost the bop! lol Id last if they changed the people every wk!

ah stop id say you would be a deadly buzz in it... im surprised theres actually no irish person in it

yeah was suprised maybe you should audition for it nxt yr? did you see the dark haired one with the micro skirt trying to pull of the girly thing like the twins last yr! Id say she will do everyones head in!

mmmmmm micro skirt.... oh shes a gimp alright. are ya lookin forward to next friday i am but id say i will be shy. i hope theres more than me you ruby and curvy goin otherwise im fecked cause ye knoe each other well now dont ye

not really sure who goin! Think stevo/stevoman goin so you wont be the only first timer! The snug is gr8 for meets coz at least you not walkin around like a fool looking for people that you dont know what they look like! Was great last time have to say nearly everyone got on well failry instantly first 5 mins a bit dodgy but after that was grand! you could bring your OH if you wanted?

no im good undecided, me thinks i will go on me own shur why not....im lookin forward to it now. the pinto is a nice pub doh isnt it

I keep telling him that it wasn't the case before he moved in!

Ha ha, Was blaming the better half last night for bringing the rain to the BBQ.

ports best wrote: »
    i hope theres more than me you ruby and curvy goin otherwise im fecked cause ye knoe each other well now dont ye

i smell someone whos getting cold feet AGAIN!!!!

no im not gettin cold feet ruby, im there

• Advertisement

We'll SEE!!!!!

And it's gone again. Can't do any feck work without the lecky. Wonder for how long this time.

Just rang ESB. Recorded message. to be restore at 13.53. We'll see :rolleyes:

where is it gone lads im still workin away here

we got a flicker thats it!

where is it gone lads im still workin away here

ROFL, I wonder does your boss define posting on boards.ie as work.

Power went up here in Lough Gate. I was down town and their were no problems. Must of being the east of the town. ESB reported other places out aswell. Didn't recognize the names escept ballybrittas

undecided wrote: »
    we got a flicker thats it!

us too! nothing major at all.

kikel you never sent me a PM regarding how to put up pics and stuff, how did you get on saturday

kikel you never sent me a PM regarding how to put up pics and stuff, how did you get on saturday

The things i promise when i'm drunk.
    Find an image on the internet you want to use.

Right click the image and select "Properties"

Highlight and Copy Address URL

When posting click the button with mountains and a sun on it. A new window opens

Ctrl _ V or paste link into box

Give it a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Kikel!!

When you were drunk you promised me €500 and that you would also wash my car and cut my lawn every Friday!!

Advertisement