Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1

Options
  • 05-06-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lorthas

it took every ounce of restraint not to scream "YES" when i saw the essay title about the olympics and the bit about the simpsons

The aural was pretty difficult, but managable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

what!!!

i found the aural real easy and the simpsons real hard!

what did everyone do for the last Q on the simpsons?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

I just hope we get a relatively easy paper 2 tomorrow, *studies poem and short story*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Advertisement

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Im only learning one poem and one short story- Banríon an Uaigneas and Subh Milis!! I think I can cover everything with them....I hope so anyway!
    Same, only learning one of each, Mise Me Fein and Tigh Nua

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The aural seemed pretty easy...I loved the strict mother "ba mhaith liom labhair leat!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

Wel everyone came out of my aural really annoyed.....i found it impossible!!!! But the written part was brilliant!!!!! The story was perfect for any idea!!!!! Everyone in my class had different storys.....but everyones fitted in!!!! The comhra was brilliant too!!!!! You didnt really need any paticualar vocab...jus ur basic irish....and tho i did about 2-3 questions wrong it was fine!

I think it helps that everyone knows the simpsons......lik if sumthing on computer programmin came up...reguardless of how easy it was.....we wud stiill fine it hard!!
    Thank god for the simpsons!!!

In my JC Star Wars came up, which was great for people who'd seem the movie, but not so great for the rest of us. But that did mean I could do my comhrá about Yoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Yeh i thought it was fine, some of the aural was pretty tricky but it was managable! Essay titles were kinda difficult so i ended up doing a sceal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Yeah what do we have to learn for tomoro? Letter openings and endings, short story and poetry? tight... Today was pretty good, aural was quite hard and I didnt do the comhra but otherwise i dont quite well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

i thought it was very easy!! i did the essay on the holiday yet i thought the aural was very hard i had to guess alot
    the only thing i was sure on was the radio ad's the last part of the tape

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I was so angry, our CD was broken and kept skipping between different sections , asked the examiner and said it was only a trial???? Then up came Teastas Shoiseragh 2008 followed by Ba mhaith liom labhair. Then people started giving out to the examiner guy and all he said was there is nothing he could do try your best.

Eventually there were 2 examiners together in our hall for the listening and they tried another CD after 20minutes and it worked. But it put me off for the rest of the listening.

The essay that came up i had learned off and worked same with my aggalamh. Simpsons was fine the last 2 qs getting hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ithoughtitwasap

Yeah I found the Aural very difficult, but I was really pleased with the paper.

For tomorrow I'm doing An-Tadh and probobaly Na Blaithe Craige. Or Subh Milis. It's all good!
    what did everyone do for the last Q on the simpsons?

I wrote about how the author mentioned all the awards and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ClaireTheGreat

To be honest that was a nice paper. Not at all surprising and my story fit into the holiday one for the sceal/eactra!!

Was I the only one that thought the aural was okay..?
    Like I'm not expecting 100% or anything but it wasn't as bad as the one I had in my mocks....:)
    The only thing I didn't understand was the question which was like "Cen cruth ata ar an teach conaithe.." or something like that....
    What does cruth mean?
    And also form the simpsons one what did meallean mean?

Oh god thinking back on it perhaps it was harder than I previously thought...:eek:

Oh well it's over now and I didn't walk out of there thinking oh my god I failed that paper or that was like soooo hard...
    Surely that has to be a good sign??

:rolleyes:

Cian92 wrote: »
    I was so angry, our CD was broken and kept skipping between different sections , asked the examiner and said it was only a trial???? Then up came Teastas Shoiseragh 2008 followed by Ba mhaith liom labhair. Then people started giving out to the examiner guy and all he said was there is nothing he could do try your best.

Eventually there were 2 examiners together in our hall for the listening and they tried another CD after 20minutes and it worked. But it put me off for the rest of the listening.

The essay that came up i had learned off and worked same with my aggalamh. Simpsons was fine the last 2 qs getting hard.

Wow that's shocking! The base centre I was working from had five CDs. FIVE! I was given two of them, for my one-person exam centre, in case one was scratched.

Advertisement