Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.m3u

Options
  • 05-06-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭

I have some music in a folder (One album 11 tracks) but there is also one file there with an extension of m3u.

This .m3u file when double clicked automatically plays all the tunes in order.

My questions are,

How does that m3u file get created?

Has it something to do with Media Player play lists?

Can I take a particular batch pf .MP3 files & create a m3u file to play them in a certain order or what?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have some music in a folder (One album 11 tracks) but there is also one file there with an extension of m3u.

This .m3u file when double clicked automatically plays all the tunes in order.

My questions are,

How does that m3u file get created?

Has it something to do with Media Player play lists?

Can I take a particular batch pf .MP3 files & create a m3u file to play them in a certain order or what?

-

Open it in Notepad and all will be revealed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

An M3U is a playlist file, HERE is more info... And how to create

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Appreciate the Info people, I understand it all now :)

Cheers.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement