Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths OL Paper One Tomorrow

Options
  • 05-06-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I have found really helpful vidoes on youtube that explain maths questions.. Like I was a bit sticky on Complex Numbers and I watched it and I felt like an idiot.. Its soo easy now
    Just type in 'leaving cert maths'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Thanks

What 6 questions are you answering on?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Hopefully this will be a nice relaxing test after these two days so far!

Should be handy enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm doing Q1 definately.The thing is so easy its funny.I'll probably do everything apart form complex numbers.I might even give that a go if i feel like it.Try to remember when I did it in September in Hl.

When doing Complex numbers,think of Superbad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm doing Q1 definately.The thing is so easy its funny.I'll probably do everything apart form complex numbers.I might even give that a go if i feel like it.Try to remember when I did it in September in Hl.

When doing Complex numbers,think of Superbad.

Superbad?? x

NervyChick wrote: »
    Superbad?? x

Ya,the movie.Its very funny,although I wouldnt watch with your parents.

But anyway,they are doing complex numbers in the class.At the same time in my class when I saw it.We we doing complex numbers.It was kinda funny

• Advertisement

MaltEagle wrote: »
    Thanks

What 6 questions are you answering on?

I think im gonna attemp everything except sequences and series...
    Fingers Crossed

But anyway,they are doing complex numbers in the class.At the same time in my class when I saw it.We we doing complex numbers.It was kinda funny

Ha I bet ye ill think of that tomorrow when i see complex numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I hope its a fair paper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Was that the bit where he could not stop drawing d**ks?

Anyway im doing question 1,2,3,6,7 and 8. Thats the only ones we did in school so im left with a choice of 1 to leave out which is fairly sweet.
    Though since time is so not a problem in this exam I think ill do all of them.
    Worried about getting a tough question on algebra and the end of question 6 can sometimes be tricky.

Overall though I don't think it should be too bad at all like with easy things like complex numbers, arithmithic and most of algebra what could go wrong.

And when in doubt you gotta love the attempt marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Complex numbers is one of the only ones I CAN do! But everyone seems to be avoiding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

just lookin over it there..think im fairly set wit differentian,sequences and series,arithmethic..should pick up functions and i can do some algebra although i only got 54 out of 100 with the 2 questions in the mocks so a tricky question and im fooked!!its just all about staying calm for me and not makin silly mistakes which i tend to do alot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cian1991ferrari

Just relax, i recently came from higher, but sequences & series is very easy to pick up, one of the easiest on the paper, i recommend questions 1-5 & 7, probably the easiest 6! :D:D Complex numbers i usually the same look at the trends and sequences and series very cop on with formulae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bitterstudent

anyone have any wise words on time management I should know... but I don't :P

I have a habit of writing out the full question too, stupid or wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Im almost sure i'll be doin 1,2,3,4,5 and 7 altho i mite do 6, depending on whats asked. Im pretty confident on complex numbers, algebra, sequences and series and differentiation

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cian1991ferrari

anyone have any wise words on time management I should know... but I don't :P

I have a habit of writing out the full question too, stupid or wise?

I've been told never to write the full question just ensure you label it clearly so the examiner knows what Q it is. Should be fine that way! Roughly 25 mins per question but if your up to standard it should take between 10-20. I've been known to finish entire questions in 7.5-8.5 minutes so lets hope for easy questions to keep it short! :D

1huge1 wrote: »
    Was that the bit where he could not stop drawing d**ks?

Anyway im doing question 1,2,3,6,7 and 8. Thats the only ones we did in school so im left with a choice of 1 to leave out which is fairly sweet.
    Though since time is so not a problem in this exam I think ill do all of them.
    Worried about getting a tough question on algebra and the end of question 6 can sometimes be tricky.

Overall though I don't think it should be too bad at all like with easy things like complex numbers, arithmithic and most of algebra what could go wrong.

And when in doubt you gotta love the attempt marks!

Ya,it was the movie where they couldnt stop drawing d**ks.
    And you dont have a choice in your questions btw.You've only done 6.Not 7.

I have to say that this paper is too easy.I just did the 2007 paper in 20 mins without a calculator.I mean Q1 is primary school.2,3,5 are so easy.I mean the algebra is JC level at most.And the Differentiaiton is so easy.It took me 10 seconds to do the B part in Q6.For that to be worth 20 marks is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

I'm doing Q1 definately.The thing is so easy its funny.

I'd be careful with the question 1.It is the easiest question but its the hardest marked question on the paper.

I'd be careful with the question 1.It is the easiest question but its the hardest marked question on the paper.

As long as you get the right answer,which is quite easy,you'll get the marks.I showed it to my brother and he got it all right.My brother is 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

are there formulas to learn for paper 1? i wasn't planning on studying cos i used to do honours and amn't counting maths for points, but i spose if there's stuff that isn't in the table i'd better learn it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya,it was the movie where they couldnt stop drawing d**ks.
    And you dont have a choice in your questions btw.You've only done 6.Not 7.

I have to say that this paper is too easy.I just did the 2007 paper in 20 mins without a calculator.I mean Q1 is primary school.2,3,5 are so easy.I mean the algebra is JC level at most.And the Differentiaiton is so easy.It took me 10 seconds to do the B part in Q6.For that to be worth 20 marks is ridiculous
    Sorry I meant to say question 4 as well complex numbers, I have a choice of one
    Strokesa wrote: »
    are there formulas to learn for paper 1? i wasn't planning on studying cos i used to do honours and amn't counting maths for points, but i spose if there's stuff that isn't in the table i'd better learn it?

In ordinary level most of the formula's are for paper II so you'll be grand tomorrow.

Im sure doing honours you'll know all you need to know for calculus (first principles,product rule, quotient rule and chain rule) and from the algebra the good old x=-b... (im sure you know the one im on about its just not easy to type out on a keyboard)

• Advertisement
Advertisement