Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back in the game... some quick advice please

Options
  • 05-06-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

OK, haven't played in months due to final year rubbish and post final year celebrations:)

So,

1)
    Get Holdem Manager or PT3?
    I understand that HM has a built in HUD but does PT3?
    Can anyone link my to something that explains the 3betting stats and their significance?

2)
    Moneybookers or Neteller?

3)
    What's the state of $50NL and $100NL on iPoker at the moment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

1) Im sticking to pt3, yes theres a built in hud, theyre behind hm at the mo but figure theyll be better than hm once they get past fixing bugs and start working on improving it.

2) Im in the neteller camp but once you get the accounts set up I dont think theres too much in it.

3) Loads of decent but not great regs and loads of shortstackers, game is very beatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

There is a godd comparison of HM and PT3 here. It was posted in another thread here.

I use neteller, im in the middle of setting up a moneybookers account. Im setting it up because it seems to be easier to use with a laser card.

Im also just starting back to play (50nl on ipoker), stopped due to exams and work commitments, however its as soft as ever. Im currenctly playing without pt2/pahud as i cant seem to get them to work anymore, so i will be buying pt3 or HM soon. Im still not sure which to go for, however im leaning towards pt3 at the moment.

Im thinking of moving over to devilfish for the signup bonus/good rakeback deal.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

bohsman wrote: »
    1) Im sticking to pt3, yes theres a built in hud, theyre behind hm at the mo but figure theyll be better than hm once they get past fixing bugs and start working on improving it.

2) Im in the neteller camp but once you get the accounts set up I dont think theres too much in it.

3) Loads of decent but not great regs and loads of shortstackers, game is very beatable.

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually outa here for a good 8 months or so come mid July so would I be better off going for HM since you've indicated that PT3 might be a bit buggy?

Yes, loads of people having problems, mainly with the hud lagging. Its frozen on me once over 100k hands or so but that can go down to my laptop aswell. At the moment theres loads more little extras on HM like ev graphs etc, if its only till July Id go with HM, fairly sure both have free trials tho, dl both.

Good luck having either neteller or moneybookers up and running by July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

Yea, i told moneybookers to take that nominal amount from my bank a/c about 3 weeks ago and they still havent taken it out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

If you send moneybookers a copy of your driving license they can verify the account that way as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Fúck. Are you serious?!

2-3 weeks minimum Id say, I think theyre useable to some extent before theyre verified but not sure how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

If you have a laser card you can set your moneybookers account up in days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

anyone link a HM free trial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Advice... don't bother. Its not worth it.

Advertisement