Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BIke licence

Options
  • 04-06-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya,
    I have my provisional for the bike, but i don't want to do the test until i'm 18 so that i can get the A licence rather than the A1. Any know how long i can keep it for before it's needs to be renewed etc.,plus if i pass my full car test in the mean time, to i need to get another separate licence for the provisional bike?
    Thanks
    LM

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is there not an a date on the license that will tell you when it expires?
    And should you pass your B driving test you will need to have a separate learner permit for your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

if i pass my full car test in the mean time, to i need to get another separate licence for the provisional bike?
    If you pass the B test , you will be entitled to apply for a B Driving Licence. Your Provisional Licence/Learner Permit will then be reissued with the A1 category (if it is still in date).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lovely stuff, all i needed to know. Thanks lads

Advertisement