Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the heck do I do this............?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭

Bear with me cos I am a complete technophobe.........:

Can anyone suggest how I can copy songs that I have received thru my e-mail address into a folder on my desktop? I have been using the latest version of WINAMP to listen to them. What I want to do is, copy them onto my desktop, and then onto a blank CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Right click and save as

Then your cooking with gas

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bear with me cos I am a complete technophobe.........:

Can anyone suggest how I can copy songs that I have received thru my e-mail address into a folder on my desktop? I have been using the latest version of WINAMP to listen to them. What I want to do is, copy them onto my desktop, and then onto a blank CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In most email cleints (Thunderbird, Outlook Express etc) it's just a case of right clicking and choosing Save As. If it's a web based email client, such as Gmail, then there's a download button next to the attachment usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

GreenHell wrote: »
    Right click and save as

Then your cooking with gas

Do I do this to the songs while they're in my e-mail inbox, or do I need to transfer them to WINAMP?

Spear wrote: »
    In most email cleints (Thunderbird, Outlook Express etc) it's just a case of right clicking and choosing Save As. If it's a web based email client, such as Gmail, then there's a download button next to the attachment usually.

I'm using Hotmail.....?

Save them to a folder on your desktop, then just drag them into winamp

• Advertisement

Save them to a folder on your desktop, then just drag them into winamp

I've tried to copy them to a folder on my desktop,but it won't let me.....?

Are you getting an error message?

Hotmail - All you should have to do is click on the attachment and you should be able to download it.

Are you getting an error message?

Hotmail - All you should have to do is click on the attachment and you should be able to download it.

My younger, and hopefully more computer savvy brother sorted it for me. He says that I will have to download each song individually, and that it could take ages.....? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My younger, and hopefully more computer savvy brother sorted it for me. He says that I will have to download each song individually, and that it could take ages.....? :confused:

Are you on an old fashioned modem?

Advertisement