Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time buyer... packaged services for solicitor, surveyor, insurance etc?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

hi. i'm a potential first time buyer, and i remember a few years ago there were some TV ads for a packaged service for first time buyers. you paid a fixed amount that included the whole lot of services you have to fork out for when buying a house. it was very good value and vastly reduced the administration involved as well. i just can't remember the name! i googled for it for ages but couldn't find it. does anyone know? the service was based online i think.
    thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

timmer3 wrote: »
    hi. i'm a potential first time buyer, and i remember a few years ago there were some TV ads for a packaged service for first time buyers. you paid a fixed amount that included the whole lot of services you have to fork out for when buying a house. it was very good value and vastly reduced the administration involved as well. i just can't remember the name! i googled for it for ages but couldn't find it. does anyone know? the service was based online i think.
    thanks for any help.

Be very careful that the "one-stop-shop" provider is independent, has no conflict of interest and is acting in your best interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

well, don't know about package but as said above i won't go for that. I hate giving total control in one hands, they can easily manipulate the things. Otherwise ongoing charges now a days (approx.) in dublin area-
    1) EA-you don't pay anything
    2) mortgage agent- you don't pay anything
    3) evaluator- €130-150
    4) lawyer- €1500-2000

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭timmer3

i found an ad in the golden pages, irishmortgage.ie are advertising €499 to cover all legal costs for first time buyers. not sure if this offer is still valid but this was the sort of thing i remember seeing before. very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

timmer3 wrote: »
    i found an ad in the golden pages, irishmortgage.ie are advertising €499 to cover all legal costs for first time buyers. not sure if this offer is still valid but this was the sort of thing i remember seeing before. very reasonable.
    This won't cover the costs element for the solicitor which might be another €1,000. Neither will it cover the valuer or surveyor

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭timmer3

thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement