Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Othello Questions

Options
  • 04-06-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

okay i'm a seriously worried for this, do you think ill be safe if i learn jealousy & revenge, and appearence vs reality. i know its a bit late, but better late than never.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

aleyra wrote: »
    okay i'm a seriously worried for this, do you think ill be safe if i learn jealousy & revenge, and appearence vs reality. i know its a bit late, but better late than never.

i think im gona start learning othello tomorrow morning
    now THATS too late!

what im learning:
    *jealousy theme
    *iago manipulates people
    *othellos weaknesses

GOOD LUCK
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

good point,curse whoever put chemistry and English on the same day!!
    i'm hoping that by learning jealous ill cover any Iago questions
    .basiclly same thing except re-word it.. well thats the plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I just hope something on the women of the play doesnt come up as I havent got anything prepared on that. Something on Iago just HAS to come up. Although on all the previous papers, 98,94 and 90, they didnt ask any direct questions about Iago. They were more about the play in general and Othello himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

My teacher basically said: Learn Iago if you learn nothing else.

So yeah, Iago would be pretty important.

I'm learning: Othello, Iago, Women, Imagery...

hopefully I'll be able to deal with any question (ie. jealousy, appearence vs. reality, tragic hero etc.) with that much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 KolaBABY

Apparently Iago and the jealousy theme are tipped to come up. I'll try and do it off the cuff if it doesn't! I did that for the mock and failed. LOL I never learn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I'm learning Iago...

I'm learning Othello :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

I learned both othello and iago quotes

no point learning answers but knowing the play and my quotes gets me through the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jediyoda

apperance vs reality might not feature as it was one of the essay questions on paper 1

Yeaaaah right now I'm cramming Othello, Iago, Rich, Boland and Mahon quotes with a hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

I've learnt Iago well nd i've got quotes on jealousy nd examples of imagery of heaven nd hell. The contrast between Iago and Desdemona could be possible too...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jediyoda

how many marks are going for the quotes? like is it a certain percentage of the marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

No it just depends how well if helps the delivery of the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

I learned both othello and iago quotes

no point learning answers but knowing the play and my quotes gets me through the questions.

+1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ck1989

I've learned a few (and by a few i mean like 6) quotes from the entire play.

Just know a few general bits and pieces, if you basically know the play and what happens in it you should be grand (fingers crossed)

ideal question: "Iago is a big hairy bollox"
    do you agree with this statment? support your answer with refernce to the text. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Any body learn Dark Vision of Humanity ? I'm looking at doing that now. I'm bascically ****ed for Othello. In sayin that i got 35m for a page and a half in the mocks. I think general knowledge of the play, a few quotes , and a little personal thought on the matter should get anyone up to the minimum honour.

Advertisement