Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing sample English Poetry essays

Options
  • 04-06-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is something people would be interested in or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I'm sure some of you have stumbled upon zulunotes.com, on which we've added loads of notes throughout the year, but there's very few sample essays.

I thought today if people are doing their last bit of revision and writing out their prepared answers one last time (well that's what I did the evening before my English paper 2!) that they might want to write them on http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Sample_Poetry_Essays
    to share with others. I know people aren't too keen on this during the year (because it gives lazy people an edge!) but at this late stage it might be very useful if everyone throws up their essays to share them?

I've noticed a thread where some people have only done one or two poets in detail, and others have done different poets in detail etc., this way if each person shares their best poet, and reads over what other people have written about other poets everyone will be more prepared no matter what comes up on the paper!

It's just a thought, let me know what you think. There's one Adrienne Rich sample answer that someone put up there to get the ball rolling! Also, if anyone has sample answers already typed up in Word or anything they can email them to me and I'd be happy to put them up for them.

Comments

Plagerism..

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Ah, to be fair there's not really such a thing as plagerism for the LC! It's all fairly standard homogenized analysis and discussion, unless you have unique insights etc. and are hoping for the A1! (in which case keep it to yourself ;) )

It was only a suggestion (which some people have taken judging by the new content on the site!) that I thought people might fine useful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I think this is a great idea! ;) I've just thrown up a history essay myself.

I wouldn't count it as plagiarism, as I gather one of the main purposes of the site is for people to share their notes which, for example, share their thoughts and views on poetry etc. And also to have different sorts of notes online, written in different (maybe more friendly) contexts than that of the other exam support sites such as skool.ie etc.

Advertisement