Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm weather next week and thunderstorms?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 5:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

The holy grail of summer weather could be on the cards next week for Ireland according to the GFS which is consistently showing very warm sunny conditions from Sunday onward with some thunderstorms possible. Azores high may move up from the SW.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1441.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn15017.png

ECM shows completely different - going for much cooler unsettled conditions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Not really sure about them thunderstorms Darkman, as the flow looks very stable, coupled also with high pressure values. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Not really sure about them thunderstorms Darkman, as the flow looks very stable, coupled also with high pressure values. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I actually meant later in the setup. Lets get the warm weather first;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

darkman2 wrote: »
    I actually meant later in the setup. Lets get the warm weather first;)

Been there, done that. I want storm!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we havent had properly nationwide warm yet tho.... the east has mostly been cool with onshore breezes.. would be nice to have a few days of nationwide 25 to 30C then leading to an eventual breakdown in 24C and thunderstorms:) altho having just after watching rte weather after the news next week looks far from warm and settled.

heh speaking of storms,I was standing on a balcony in budapest on sunday evening during a vicious storm watching the near continous forks of lightning there when an almighty crack plus instant bolt happened over head.
    A deafening crack as it was so close,I jumped with the fright of it and nearly fell off the balcony :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

ECM seems to be coming more into line with GFS on the latest run, its looking good for next week here, after that I'll be more interested in conditions in the South of France.:D

That ECM seems to show a northerly flow around the high to the west and rising pressure.
    Not a very thundery outlook at 144 anyhow.There is a low flirting but it's not a continental air source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Should be very warm in the mid/east interior tomorrow. Then northerly for the rest of the week. :(

Mike

Advertisement