Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Support for Lukes?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

As per this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055301544&page=2

some boardsies suggested supporting lukes by attending the 50 DC first thursday in June... (thats tomorrow night by my watch)

Any further thoughts on this?

I'l head in if there are a few going and add value....

this should prob be in tourney section but as original thread was here I put it here as it might get some more hits...

If not any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭babymaker6

hi paul
    i wii definitely play this
    fair play to you for making the effort hope it takes off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

I will be there as per usual. Hopefully not on your table Mac lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I will be there. Hopefully on your table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

good stuff lads.... suggestions for a boardsie side bet? maybe something different to a last longest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Macspower wrote: »
    good stuff lads.... suggestions for a boardsie side bet? maybe something different to a last longest?

If i didnt have thesis i'd play.

Best slowroll

• Advertisement

Best suckout against a fellow boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Breifne

Yeah, count me in for the tourney, I'm a regular there anyway, but i think three or four tables is a possibility for tomorrow,

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, I'm there and if/when I'm out I'm up for some drinking shenanigans.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Sigh...... The next night I get out to play I am going to play Lukes. So I suppose it ll be some friday soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I begged. Then I cajoled. Finally I bribed. I'm going to have to take the thing down to pay for the privilege of playing.

"Well. you won it before, you can win it again"
    "I chopped it"
    "Well, don't bloody chop it tomorrow night. Those shoes aren't cheap"
    "Won't be easy, there are a few boardsies playing"
    "Is Ivers playing?"
    "I think so"
    "Don't bluff him, he's one of them station things"
    TaxiPete29 wrote:
    Best suckout against a fellow boardsie.

I like it. How about best bluff? (that gets through!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Nice one Paul Ill do my best to make this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭mormank

as for the side bet...easy. most hands won with a 2 and a 7 in your hand. either at showdown or last man standing...always wanted to see this put into practice somewhere other than HSP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

mormank wrote: »
    as for the side bet...easy. most hands won with a 2 and a 7 in your hand. either at showdown or last man standing...always wanted to see this put into practice somewhere other than HSP

Last No Limit game I played in Dublin, win a pot with 72 and everyone has to throw you a tenner, definitely adds something to a game full of nits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭mormank

bohsman wrote: »
    Last No Limit game I played in Dublin, win a pot with 72 and everyone has to throw you a tenner, definitely adds something to a game full of nits.

class. where was this? would love to give it a try sometime but can never convince a table to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The regular SE no limit game was held in Lukes, think they did it regularly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

DubTony wrote: »
    I begged. Then I cajoled. Finally I bribed. I'm going to have to take the thing down to pay for the privilege of playing.

"Well. you won it before, you can win it again"
    "I chopped it"
    "Well, don't bloody chop it tomorrow night. Those shoes aren't cheap"
    "Won't be easy, there are a few boardsies playing"
    "Is Ivers playing?"
    "I think so"
    "Don't bluff him, he's one of them station things"

I like it. How about best bluff? (that gets through!)
    it's thursday, of course I'll be playing...:p
    and tony, i had a straight and heart draw...

shoulda gone 2 specsavers...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

in the nl game in the emporium we play the 72 game. it wouldnt work in a tournament. its a great game ive seen some sick action. jyminator pushing 1500 into the nuts with 72, declance8 pushing in on a 256 board against AA and going running 7's to take down the pot and the extra 90 from the table. also i called down pabloh in nearly a 2k pot with 45d on a 433 A K board to be shown 72. its a great game. if you want to play it come play the nl game. it wouldnt work in a pl or tournament game. deepstack poker only.

might pop into lukes tonight.

Ok see a few of you there.... make yourselves known and say hello.... I'll be the big guy in a suit with glasses for those dont know me....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Is this you?

bouncer-500.jpg

yep very close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Gonna pop along myself. I'd like to see a decent numbered tournie in Lukes

well home from this... no success as you can gather by the time of posting....

great to meet some "old" familiar boardsies and some new ones as well...

Thats Declan for explaining to me on several occasions that teh 6d4d is the "stone cold nuts" and me in my innocence pushed when I saw i was holding the "stone cold nuts" only to be dogged by A10 when neither of us hit! :rolleyes:

anyway enjoyable night.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What were the numbers like tonight...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Thats Declan for explaining to me on several occasions that teh 6d4d is the "stone cold nuts" and me in my innocence pushed when I saw i was holding the "stone cold nuts" only to be dogged by A10 when neither of us hit! :rolleyes:

He's usually right, I remember once after he told me that I did the same and luckily my hand held against AK.

not sure of exact numbers but there were 3 tables and a full cash game going when i left

Bubbled in fifth. Lost a pot for 42k with 99 AIPF against villains K10. QJ on the flop and my set on the river made his straight. Was left with one 500 chip which I somehow spun up to 7500 but just couldnt complete the comeback. Very enjoyable tourney as usual and nice to put a few faces to names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

well home from this... no success as you can gather by the time of posting....

great to meet some "old" familiar boardsies and some new ones as well...

anyway enjoyable night.....

Unlucky Paul. WP for organising a bit of an attendance. I had an exhibition to go to last night so couldn't make it but I'll be along to the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Unlucky Paul. WP for organising a bit of an attendance. I had an exhibition to go to last night so couldn't make it but I'll be along to the next one.

sounds poncey olly, that's the kind of thing I'd expect myself to come out with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

sounds poncey olly, that's the kind of thing I'd expect myself to come out with!

Someone I know was graduating so I was giving them some support. I guess it may not be everyones cup of tea but an occasional trip to the cultural side is okay in my book.

http://www.iadt.ie/en/InformationAbout/NewsEvents/Title,1350,en.html

I also spotted a fellow boardsie in the crowd. Maybe he was there for the good lookin wimmins though as he seemed a little embarrassed to be spotted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Someone I know was graduating so I was giving them some support. I guess it may not be everyones cup of tea but an occasional trip to the cultural side is okay in my book.

http://www.iadt.ie/en/InformationAbout/NewsEvents/Title,1350,en.html

I also spotted a fellow boardsie in the crowd. Maybe he was there for the good lookin wimmins though as he seemed a little embarrassed to be spotted.

olly, I would never condemn anyone for engaging in cultural and aesthetic pursuits - after all the appreciation of beauty is what distinguishes us from the chimpanzees (isn't that right Willie?)

unless it was dance. Dance is a No-No

Advertisement