Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do if.....

Options
  • 04-06-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

This is for people like me only studying 3-4 poets, i know alot of people are banking on favourites to come up, but what would you do if you go into your exam and 4 poets come up u havent studied

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

What can you do, but bluff it or just leave it blank!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm only doing Boland and Rich so if anything else comes up, the studied poetry is a write off !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well if you knew the names of the poems just fit them into the poet u know well...it could be seen as a different view....U may get away talking about "the tuft of flowers" in "the flea" or something lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you try your hardest to remember what you do about the 4.

How many female poets you have this year? Study those.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im going to study Boland and Mahon tonight like mad. So i will have those 2 down.

I did really well on Rich in the mocks so if she comes up i stil remember the essay i used then.

So yeah ive only got 3. So help me god if PhsychoPlath comes up i will be pissed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Probably wake up and wipe the sweat off my forehead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lorlo

all you can do is hope for the best, pretty much everyone has one or two poets they'd LOVE to come up (donne/mahon for me) but sadly some people are gonna have to be dissapointed.... it's all about luck at this stage!

i'd say just go for a major bluff if the absolute worst happens and b**** all you can, try to add some humour or something and write all you can!

if mahon/boland/rich dont come up(which is so so not gonna happen)the majority of people are gonna be screwed so we'll all be in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Plath wrote the Fish and all of that didnt she?

How can you NOT study her? Its so easy..

Advertisement