Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc New Car Prices

Options
  • 04-06-2008 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm this rumour?

Apparantly Mercedes have slashed prices for this month - E-Class is down about €5000. The intention is that when the prices rocket next month it will still leave them cheaper than May pricing.

It's supposedly hush hush to protect residuals. Pricing isn't published anywhere so people aren't going to know what bargains are to be had from MB this month.

If anyone can deny this rumour also, it would be appreciated and we can close the thread...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

My pal was offered a new 220 E cdi manual for €46k for 1-7-08,by main dealer.He said normal price was €61k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Ive heard similar rumours. Its all very hush hush to protect residual values.

Dealers going ape from what ive heard due to huge used stock write-downs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well not that hush hush, this will on any number of message boards and such-like by teatime! (heads to Octane.ie)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

A relation of mine is looking to purchase a Ford Galaxy. He is being offered an 08 demo model that retails at 49k for 36k, including his tradein which is probably worth about 2 k as trade in. It seems like a good deal to me.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

dunno if it is true, but apparently some merc dealers are putting their cars into the trade rather than holding and selling them themselves. This is killing the prices non-merc garages can offer and flooding the market. This came from a bmw dealer who told me they aren't accepting merc e series as trade ins a the moment as they can't sell them on..

pinch of salt i guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement