Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help wanted urgently

Options
  • 04-06-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hey all.
    Just got my laptop back form the shop I got it in to get it repaired, only to notice that when i open a web page, the shops name and phone number come up too!
    Example : boards.ie- Post New Thread - The Computer Shop Tel: 01 123456

how do i get rid of this?!
    i know its nothing major, but i dont want to memorise their number!Its driving me mad already, and i only have my lapop half an hour!!!!

Thanks guys,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,711 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'd go back to them and give them crap about it for a start :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

open internet explorer click tools and internet options and in the white box remove what ever they put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Is this in internet explorer? There's a registry setting to change that (don't remember it off-hand, check google). If it's another browser, there may be a config setting within the browser to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I don't get what you mean, did they change your homepage?
    Sounds pretty crazy whatever they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That can be changed by editing the registry. I don't know the particular key to edit offhand but I can tell you that Spybot Search and Destroy (in advanced mode) will let you edit this using a graphical interface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

IF you're using XP and Internet Explorer:
    Start > Run
    Type regedit
    Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Find the value called "Window Title" and change it to whatever or delete it.

*edit* yeah and that's pretty lame what they did.

Advertisement