Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please...info wanted!!

Options
  • 04-06-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im an 18 year old guitarist from Tipperary, but ive always sang. I'm not the worlds best singer but i can hold a tune. Anyways, this is the problem- I'm auditioning for a "ballad band" next week after im finished my leaving cert.

.....but i don't really know what ballad refers to!! Is it like irish ballads....black velvet band, galtee mountain boy??! Or possibly the likes of Garth Brooks, Cat stevens etc?

I cant ring the guy back because he was already skeptical enough when he heard my age but it's something I'm really interested in. Thanks in advance for your help!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

hi
    you can have rock ballads to, sounds like you should ring and ask them if there is any song they would like you to sing for the audition, but they should know a song outside of there field if you wanted to take a chance on that if not bring your guitar and play the song that showes your voice off best. and good man worrying about the important things in life leaving cert what the hell

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kahler

just bring your guitar. play the most middle of the road ballad that you know but have two more ready. one more rocky one and one folkie one. that way, no matter what type of band it is, you will be covered. sorted and good luck...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Sounds like a trad band tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

ken.m wrote: »
    if not bring your guitar and play the song that showes your voice off best. and good man worrying about the important things in life leaving cert what the hell

I'm a girl!!!! :D:D

Ya i thought it sounded a bit irish trad alright so im trying Cat Steven = Father and Son, or the corrs breathless or the cranberries just my imagination. Sound good??

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

hi girl
    not a bad selection best of luck with it, you seem annoyed by the last post no harm ment

• Advertisement
Advertisement