Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fear of sleeping in

Options
  • 04-06-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

was just waking up this morning and the sun was coming through the window, was relaxed, the house was quite. Then I got the sudden feeling I had slept in.
    Almost had a heart attack and leapt out of bed and ran over to the alarm clock.

It was only quarter to 7. my clock was set for 8, I got ready and had lots of time to relax for the exam.

Anyone have a mini panic attack or a fear they would sleep in and miss an exam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Ha, had nearly the same thing in the morning.. except it was half 6 : )
    aw well.. got an hour of extra chemistry done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

ye woke up at half five and didnt know what time it was. it was so quiet and i wasnt tired (even though i didnt fall asleep till half 1) that i though i slept in. then looked at my clock and saw i had 2 more hours of sleep. good feeling.
    i actually like the fact that the exams are early. means you can study the rest of the day and your fully awake and can go to bed early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya happened me twice this morning actually, woke up at half 5, looked at the clock... back to sleep.

then half 6, looked at the clock... back to sleep

Didn't panic though as I know the alarm was going to go off at 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

if your late for your exam will day still let you sit dem??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Our supernintendo said that if you are late for a proper purpose that can be proven then there is a half an hour leeway...could be just her preferance though. There will always be one hag that won't let ya in if you are .01 of a second late...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

they will let you in during the first half hour as no one is allowed to leave during this time but after that, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

if you are late for no more than 30 minutes they will.. otherwise.. bye bye :(

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Woke up at half 4 for no apparent reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Typically when you know you have something critical to do the next day its seemingly impossible to sleep in. As long as youve got about 4-6 hours of sleep your internal clock tends to wake you up early.

Just use the time waking up. Turn on a light, get dressed, have a breakfast, do a bit of study.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Happened to me last year, but it hasn't really clicked with me this year that I am actually doing the exam again.Result: A cool 7 hours sleep:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

i couldn't really sleep at all last night!

went to bed at 10pm, last time i looked at my clock it was 12.40am,
    and i just kept tossing and turning!
    and i kept thinking I MISSED MY ALARM!

like i woke at 7.23am and it was set for 7.25am!
    crazy

hope i sleep ok tonight!!
    :)

Could not sleep last night either..

Woak up this morning close to heart failure thinking i'd slept in, turned on my fone and it was only 4:53. Wayyyyyyy off.

does anyone else feel like people look at you like you're sick
    when they grasp 'oh, you're doing the Leaving Cert...'
    honest to God, you think we had a disease!!

:eek:

worst thing is,
    i really am not stressing,
    NOW!
    but they look at me like i should!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

remember that happening to me for exams too. After it happened the first time, I arranged with my mom to ring me and make sure I was up in the morning. At least it helped me to relax and stop worring about missing the alarm clock.

Could ye not arrange with someone to ring ye to make sure ye are up, might relax and sleep better?

karen3212 wrote: »
    remember that happening to me for exams too. After it happened the first time, I arranged with my mom to ring me and make sure I was up in the morning. At least it helped me to relax and stop worring about missing the alarm clock.

Could ye not arrange with someone to ring ye to make sure ye are up, might relax and sleep better?

but what if they're not up?!!

see, i just cant rely on others
    ill get even more stressed!

thanks though :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If your english was that bad, would you bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

If your english was that bad, would you bother?

While I do like people to type properly and all that, I imagine that poster would write properly in an exam situation, so give her a break.

I had a mixed night's sleep. Had a dream we were sitting down to dinner but I felt weird so starting walking around the dinner table to get the blood flowing because "my circulation wasn't right". Woke up and had been sleeping on my arm, rendering it numb and uncontrollably floppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

I slept like a baby last night, said id have an early night since i was getting up early, went to sleep around 10pm woke up at half 8, not a bother....
    I dont know whats up with me but I aint stressed one itsy bitsy bit!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

A girl in my year slept in and missed her science exam when we did the JC :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Woke up at 5 this morning not feeling at all tired! Then went onto this for a while :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 KolaBABY

Yeah lol. I was up at 5. Nerves. The Leaving should come with a health warning.

The Leaving Certificate Examinations 2008: WARNING - May Cause Insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

I set my alarm for 7.50, to leave the house at 8.30. Alarm went off... meh pressed snooze. Went off at 8, pressed snooze again. Finally stayed awake at 8.10, got ready and left at 8.40...

I'm waaaaaaay too relaxed. I could easily sleep it in one of these days, though my parents would never le me.

Advertisement