Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Punto service/timing belt cost?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

A mate has just been stung for €560 for a timing belt, waterpump, tensioner and general service (filter/oil and plugs). Does this seem reasonable? Not up on my FIATS but seems a bit steep to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭black & white

My Megane is due one and I've been quoted 650 by a main dealer for the whole lot, including waterpump. Service is extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That's cheap tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If it's a 1.2 8v, it's probably a bit steep. The belt on them is a very quick and easy job. 16v models will be a bit trickier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'd say its normel enough tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

I paid €250 about 4 years ago for a timing belt change and service at a Fiat dealer (Colemans, Millstreet in Cork). It was a 16v Punto Sporting, the mechanic who did the TB change said it wasn't a big job, tbh I would say even allowing for inflation they wouldn't charge more than €400 for the same work now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its worth while getting the main dealer to fit a timing belt because you will always get some comeback also they use only genuine parts unlike many back street garages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Cheers lads.

Advertisement