Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Calculator

Options
  • 04-06-2008 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

So basically I needed to get a new white sharp one cause my old one was practically dead. My mum arrived home today with this black yoke. Its a SHARP EL-W531B, will this be ok for the LC? I checked SEC website and there's no info on it. Helpppppppppp!! I have chemistry tmw for which I need a calculator :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

APPERANTLY:
    if your calculator BREAKS
    you CANNOT borrow someone else in the exam,
    it says in the rule book !!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Qbritgohm

should be grand because its not programmable. multiline display is allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I could have sworn that there was a list somewhere but I can't find anything.

This might help you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

laura* wrote: »
    APPERANTLY:
    if your calculator BREAKS
    you CANNOT borrow someone else in the exam,
    it says in the rule book !!!:eek:

i have 3 and im taking 2

one of them is fully programmable with a huge memory, but i actully have an examiner who might check (kinda nosey one) if she doesnt bother checking i'll take it to maths and/or physics cuz physics one i really need it cuz i can put in all my definitions etc its casio fx-9860g SD if any1 wants to check it :)

but im taking my gold auld text albert and my brother's sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

salman85 wrote: »
    i have 3 and im taking 2

one of them is fully programmable with a huge memory, but i actully have an examiner who might check (kinda nosey one) if she doesnt bother checking i'll take it to maths and/or physics cuz physics one i really need it cuz i can put in all my definitions etc its casio fx-9860g SD if any1 wants to check it :)

but im taking my gold auld text albert and my brother's sharp

You do realise, I hope, that being found in possession of a prohibited calculator in the exam is dealt with in the same way as any other prohibited items (such as cog-notes).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mike-gunners

lovechem wrote: »
    So basically I needed to get a new white sharp one cause my old one was practically dead. My mum arrived home today with this black yoke. Its a SHARP EL-W531B, will this be ok for the LC? I checked SEC website and there's no info on it. Helpppppppppp!! I have chemistry tmw for which I need a calculator :confused:
    best calc is the casio S.V Pam(Black In colour).they r the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stuba9

Im gonna bring in 2 calculators just in case one breaks which hopefully wont happen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

stuba9 wrote: »
    Im gonna bring in 2 calculators just in case one breaks which hopefully wont happen :p

i havnt got a second... and I've a horrible feeling it could happen to me. Everytime i open my maths book (where i keep my calculator) the bloody thing is on:eek::(:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

K so its programmed.

Guess Mother Dearest is making a trip into Eason's tmw morning :pac:

Advertisement