Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level English

Options
  • 04-06-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone do the Ordinary Level English Paper 1 this morning? What did you answer on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 thewildone

hiya!! yup i done question A from the 3rd text and question b from the first text and then i done the essay, A Special Friend. It wasn't a bad paper but i still don't know what to make of it??:confused: kinda weird. how about you??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Yeah it was a grand paper, I guess. How long was your Part B?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 thewildone

You mean the letter to the police? it was a page and a half!:)

Yeah, I did that one aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nato!

i did the photography one as it is my hobby

what essays did you do
    i did the "he had no choice" which turned out to be ****!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

I did text 2 part A,text 1 part B and the essay bout he had to give in or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

NiSmO wrote: »

My essay was bout 3 pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

I done
    Question B on the First text (1page)
    Question A on the 2nd text (1 page)

And the second essay (3pages)

Done ****...f**king hate essays, Just hate the subject english!

Can't bloody wait for towmorow, I will prob be finished by 11!

Praying Boland and Mahon come up, at this stage Im not bothered studying any other poets.

Iago / jealousy comes up

and I aint got a clue about comparitive just waffle my way thru it...!!!!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

I did the essay first (1. "he had no choice...") 4 pages, and it actually turned out ok which is a first for me :o i did QB on text 2 (2 and a half pages) and QA on text 3(2 pages). Worked up til 12.20
    Praying Boland and Mahon come up, at this stage Im not bothered studying any other poets.

do they give you the poems in ordinary level?
    NiSmO wrote: »

yes
    Iago / jealousy comes up

really? thats handy enough. i was going to try and learn as much of the last scene as i can. would anyone expect a question on the final scene to come up?

i only started ordinary level a few weeks before the end and im not really sure what to expect with paper 2?

im doing my left foot (which i know fairly well) and how many miles to babylon (not a clue tbh). whats everyone expecting for comparitive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RA253195370HK

It was easy enough I thought, I did A in text 1 about yer man that couldnt sleep & B about the invention. Essay titles were **** but I managed to make something up about 'he had no choice'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paulfarnsworth

yeah i thought it was a good paper.
    text 2 question A (about 3 pages in total)
    text 1 question B(2 pages)
    essay i did a special friend , managed 6 pages and worked out well.
    fairly pleased with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

i did QA on text 3 and QB on text 1

i did the essay no.7 and wrote about 1 of the photos in text 3

i found it to be ok but i am not looking forward paper 2.we will see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

Anybody really hoping that relationships will come up in the comparative too? :D Im not bothering with poetry, its a doddle :)

YA praying relasionships comes up.....poetry jus gona make it up sure we have the poem in front of us anyway!

Sooo happy with Paper 2, everything I wanted came up...relasionships, antartica...oh i was brilliant!!!

the part b of relationships and social setting were a bit weird, do you think??

• Advertisement

I did the part b in relationships

Paper 2 was an overall good paper. The Comparative. Was Hoping for Theme but didn't mind Relationships so did that first one. The one about a complicated relationships. Phenomenal Woman and Going Home To Mayo came up and did the Going Home one. Knew these poems well so was happy. How much pages did you all use from the answer booklet?

Oh, and how bad was that Unseen Poem? Random stuff lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RA253195370HK

Easy enough I thought, the Wuthering Heights questions were simple, comparative I did A on social setting between Cinema Paradiso & Philadelphia - was simple again. Poetry wasnt too bad, didnt like the seagull one but its only 20 marks so im not overly bothered.I did the Going Home To Mayo poem, didnt like part B on Antarctica.

So yeah Im fairly sure ive passed overall!
    How much pages did you all use from the answer booklet?

Mine was around 10 or so, didnt actually count it..

MaltEagle wrote: »
    Paper 2 was an overall good paper. The Comparative. Was Hoping for Theme but didn't mind Relationships so did that first one. The one about a complicated relationships. Phenomenal Woman and Going Home To Mayo came up and did the Going Home one. Knew these poems well so was happy. How much pages did you all use from the answer booklet?

Oh, and how bad was that Unseen Poem? Random stuff lol

I used around 9 i think

it was an ok poem just the questions were a bit hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

on paper one i answered:
    b on the first one...the letter to police about neighbours from hell
    a on the third one...the one about the pictures..
    and i done the essay on 'he had no choice'

on paper 2:
    i done lies of silence questions...i thought the question about father connoly was rough and the question about how dillon and andrea met...i had no idea!i spoofed it!
    the comparative question i done b on relationships
    the unseen poem was horrible...describe the similarities between seagulls and humans...i was actually sitting there thinking are you for real!! haha
    and i done phenomenal woman on the seen poetry..
    all in all i wrote about 17 pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

o god how many of the seen poems was i supposed to answer???please say just one??

o god how many of the seen poems was i supposed to answer???please say just one??

yep only one

Advertisement