Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question

Options
  • 04-06-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    While cleaning my car for my NCT tomorrow, I knocked the rear view mirror, it fell off taking a small piece of glass and leaving an 8" crack on the windscreen. You can't feel the crack on either side of the glass, I got arraldite from Home Base and the the mirror is stuck back on firmly. Will I fail the NCT because of the crack? Can I get some reinforcement sticker that you see on some cars to stop the crack spreading or should I leave it, I have windscreen insurance should I get a new windsceen?

Can anyone let my no what the story with windscreens in the NCT is please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

See page 18 in the NCT manual http://www.ncts.ie/test.html

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cant tell you 100% but from watching my own car go through the NCT, they didnt really go looking for cracks on windows, so unless your crack is a blindingly obvious one they might not notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,346 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The important question is "does if impair you vision of cause a nuisance?"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,115 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm pretty sure you have to use a special adhesive for this job. I would just have the screen replaced - it was tinted, wasn't it? :)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement