Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another Car Sales Person Let Go---REVISITED.

Options
  • 04-06-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,,
    You may remember that a few weeks ago I had my little moan about being let go(which once again turned into a BMW rant by E92) from my sales job.
    Well today I am happy to report that I have secured employment in another dealership as Parts Manager which I hope is more secure.
    Many thanks to all the wellwishers in my hour of need---It was great to have shoulders to lean on---CHEERS:D;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Great news, while car sale may go up and down, one thing is certain, cars will always fall apart! (Except e34 BMW's;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭skibum

Well done, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Good to hear that man ... good luck with it.

btw, whats with all the E92 bashing in motors these days? I think the guy is a fantastic contributor to the site and a real asset around here. I for one am glad to have him around :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

johnf2020 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,,
    You may remember that a few weeks ago I had my little moan about being let go(which once again turned into a BMW rant by E92) from my sales job.
    Well today I am happy to report that I have secured employment in another dealership as Parts Manager which I hope is more secure.
    Many thanks to all the wellwishers in my hour of need---It was great to have shoulders to lean on---CHEERS:D;)

Nice one, and a double win - you're in parts, so not as subject to the ups & downs of the yearly cycle, and you're in management, which in itself is quite an achievement.

Well done!

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Good to hear that man ... good luck with it.

btw, whats with all the E92 bashing in motors these days? I think the guy is a fantastic contributor to the site and a real asset around here. I for one am glad to have him around :D

E92's the best, most informed, most generous with information of all the posters I see regularly. I'd say he's been thanked more times than anyone.
    The recent VRT changes (and yes, BMW emissions advances) have spurned a couple of OT rants. We were just keeping him on-topic! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Well done John, everything worked out ok in the finish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

of course, if it's a BeeEmm dealership, you'll be selling loads of coolant system spares for e46, so you're future is secure !!.....:D :D (runs for cover.........)

p.s. maybe you'll meet E92 on a co junket ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mac 3

Well Done John, Best of luck with your new job.

BTW I enjoy E92's contributions as well..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

That's a job change very much in keeping with our environmentally-conscious times - instead of selling shiny new motors that have used up precious natural resources in their manufacture, you'll be doing your part to conserve cars and give them longer, more meaningful lives:)

O and E92, despite his handle, is far less less of a fan-boy for his favorite marque than many on here are for theirs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

10% discount on all purchases for you quote “Boards.ie”? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

pburns wrote: »

O and E92, despite his handle, is far less less of a fan-boy for his favorite marque than many on here are for theirs...

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh today.
    He's the biggest bmw fanboy I've ever seen, and can't let a thread go by without giving his two cents on how much better a bmw would be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

My god...E92 knows loads about his favourite brand and why not. If everyone was neutral here it would not be very interesting and nobody would have expert knowledge. Fanboys make the forums work.

To the OP...glad to hear you are gainfull employed again...worrying times are over. Think you are one of the first of many who will be made redundant in the car sales industry. Certainly not a recession proof job.

P.S BMW's rule times infinity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What's the topic of this thread again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Heard on the grapevine today that staff at one of Nissan biggest dealerships have been put on protective notice. Not sure how true it is.

Worrying if thats the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Can I not do a day's work without being discussed:D?

Anyhoo good luck to the OP:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

bazz26 wrote: »
    What's the topic of this thread again?
    What's the thread got to do with motors?

Congrats and good luck OP. Discounts for boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

Well done OP. It's nice to hear a success story at the moment!
    I was let go on Wednesday. I am working in a small dealership and have been in the motor trade for about 18 months or so. Unfortunately I don't have the experience or the training and the boss said the sales were not there to justify me being here. A sort of "You are the weakest link.... Good bye!"

Hopefully I'll get something reasonably quick. I don't know whether I'll stay in the motor trade or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

OP congrats!! as said earlier, much more secure position with the way everything has gone many will be in & out to you maintaining what they have.

& for the off topic contribution, +1 for E92;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

look at it this way: at least we know that E92 DOES know his product (and quite a few more, besides.......)

..which is a damn sight more than most sales floor staff, in my experience.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Exactly. So E92 is opinionated and well-informed. Isn't that how car enthusiasts are supposed to be?

Advertisement