Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel releases interior/cocpit pictures of the Insiginia

Options
  • 04-06-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

opel-insignia-interior-4.jpg

Opel has released official pictures of Insignia’s interior. Car will be marketed as Vauxhall in the UK and will make its world premiere July 22 at the London Motor Show.
    Most likely the car will also be sold in the states as a Saturn. The Insignia will launch with an exceptionally broad range of seven engines. All meet Euro 5 emissions standards and come with either manual or automatic six-speed transmissions.

opel-insignia-interior.jpg

I think it looks fantastic compared to other Opel's/Vauxhalls.

More pictures and details on the car here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

How much will it be in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

No information on prices, but GM should give more details in July on London Motor Show.

I think the price should be somewhere close to as on the new Citroen C5 Exclusive. They look similar and their brand is in the same segment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

I must say I think Opel/GM have done a seriously good job styling the vectra replacement this time. Funny how bland the modeo has got in the short time its been out. The Insignia 'looks' really good, will be interesting to see how it performs against the mondeo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Looks like they riped the interior directly out of the new Mondeo.

Still looks good though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Am i missing the handbrake, or is it hidden?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

delly wrote: »
    Am i missing the handbrake, or is it hidden?

Its an option...or maybe that switch behind the gearlever.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Its an option...or maybe that switch behind the gearlever.

Ah, I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Looks same as the new focus, the dash dials are identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I know that manufacturers want to put there best foot forward, hence this top spec model with Sat Nav and gizmos galore, but I think the upshot of this is that when Joe punter goes to visit the car in the showroom he she is inevitably disappointed that the mainstream, mid spec model that most will buy has half the toys missing, and a big nothing where the sat nav screen should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

If its like GM's usual products it will look flash but be flawed dynamically.

Btw why are people always fooled by the press pics - the bread and butter one in your local dealer will looking bland as spud soup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The button behind the gear lever is the handbrake.

The 2 least powerful engines thus far won't make it to RHD, i.e. the 1.6 115 bhp petrol and the new 110 bhp 2.0 CDTi. I'd expect we'll get the diesel though, but the UK certainly won't. I'd be amazed if they offered us the 1.6 petrol.

The other engines include the 1.8 found in the Astra and Zafira with 140 bhp, a 2.0 CDTi with 130 and 160 bhp, a V6 from the current OPC Vectra, another turbo petrol with 4 cylinders, possible the 1.6 180 bhp turbo in the Astra. In time there will be the new 2.9 V6 diesel from GM with 250 bhp and a 2.0 turbo petrol with around 200 bhp.

All models will be more efficient than the outgoing model. Apparently the lights or something allow it to do 6 g/km better on CO2, and I'm sure with it being a new car there will be other improvements too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Looks fantastic.

And the auld lad is looking to change his car soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Oh look at all that lovely plastic !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

looks pretty good if a little "busy" and possibly a bit plastic

Anyone notice how the indicator and wiper stalks are the wrong way around, like they are in all Japanese and Korean cars until a few years ago?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

love it

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

E92 wrote: »
    Anyone notice how the indicator and wiper stalks are the wrong way around, like they are in all Japanese and Korean cars until a few years ago?

could it be a doctored LHD Opel picture flipped around to be RHD and details like satnav writing etc fixed to make it look right?

EDIT: seems to be the same pics all over the net, so prob not AutoExpress doctored photos at all...

I had thought of that colm_mcm but all of the rest of the interior is done properly!

The Insignia will boast a slightly revised Opel badge too(as will the Vauxhall version, though the changes to the Vauxhall one are far more dramatic as shown above), it will have "Opel" at the top of the circle for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

E92 wrote: »
    it will have "Opel" at the top of the circle for the first time.

exciting stuff!

9080604.020.Mini8L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

The indicator/wiper stalks are the right way around. Most car makers are too cheap to change them for right hand drive, so we get stuck with them on the wrong side, making it difficult to indicate and change gears at the same time.

The Japanese always did it right until they started building cars in Europe for the European market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement