Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New camera's on N7...

Options
  • 04-06-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

....has anyone seen these??

They are just after the Applegreen garage leaving Dublin and just before the Rathcoole exit on the other side.

They look just like CCTV camera's on shorter poles rather than the traditional box-style GATSO's. Anyone know if they are speed camera's or just CCTV traffic monitoring types?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

They are just after the Applegreen garage leaving Dublin and just before the Rathcoole exit on the other side.

They look just like CCTV camera's on shorter poles rather than the traditional box-style GATSO's. Anyone know if they are speed camera's or just CCTV traffic monitoring types?

Are there any line markings on the road similar to the ones below? If not they are more than likely traffic monitoring cameras.

800px-Gatso.camera.arp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

fecker's driving in the outside lane, and nothing on the inside, empty room.

I hate that, it's a UK reg too

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Bogger77 wrote: »

It's a photo from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

so are they on the North or South bound side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Bogger77 wrote: »

Lol, so much anger...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

It's a photo from the UK
    I forgot the sarcasm tags! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

ShayK1 wrote: »
    so are they on the North or South bound side?

That North/South thing gives me the hump (the description does, not what you said ShayK1!) They are east and west bound :D Both sides of the N7 ~ I was just describing exactly where they were so you could all slow down ;)

And no, I don't think there are lines though I'll have a look tonight. They don't look like speed camera's but I was having this debate with someone in work today. I think they are traffic monitoring camera's but just to be on the safe side...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

That North/South thing gives me the hump (the description does, not what you said ShayK1!) They are east and west bound :D Both sides of the N7 ~ I was just describing exactly where they were so you could all slow down ;)

And no, I don't think there are lines though I'll have a look tonight. They don't look like speed camera's but I was having this debate with someone in work today. I think they are traffic monitoring camera's but just to be on the safe side...

I get it now. Mis-read it the first time. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

They look just like CCTV camera's on shorter poles rather than the traditional box-style GATSO's. Anyone know if they are speed camera's or just CCTV traffic
    monitoring types?

Traffic monitoring cameras. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

Yeah, they have put loads of them all over Clondalkin. On the Fonthill road, outer ring road, Nangor roads. The even have signs at Newlands cross with a garda badge on them saying Garda cameras in operation. Meant to ask here before what they where but kinda knew they werent speed cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

If they had speed cameras on the M50, 95% of drivers would have raked up points.

Also, why is it that people think that the speed limit doesn't apply when in the fast lane/overtaking lane? There has been so many times when I've been on a motorway in the "slow" lane on the speed limit and car after car zooms past me in the fast lane doing at least 10-20mph more than I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

the out side lanes are not speed lanes. they are meant to be overtaking lanes and once you over take you are supposed to get back in the inner lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

lynchie wrote: »
    Yeah, they have put loads of them all over Clondalkin. On the Fonthill road, outer ring road, Nangor roads. The even have signs at Newlands cross with a garda badge on them saying Garda cameras in operation. Meant to ask here before what they where but kinda knew they werent speed cameras.

Where abouts are they on each road especially the Ring Rd? I usually go on the N4 and then M50 to get in and out of work but often go on the Ring Rd and then take the Fonthill Rd to the N4 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

Where abouts are they on each road especially the Ring Rd? I usually go on the N4 and then M50 to get in and out of work but often go on the Ring Rd and then take the Fonthill Rd to the N4 also.

Two on either side of the road at the Outer Ring Road / New Nangor Road Junction. One on the Southbound side of the Outer ring road / N7 junction. One at the Fonthill Road / Old Nangor Road junction. One up near Newlands cross.. cant remember exactly where I saw it. There's a few more floating about too.

As was said before, they seem to be traffic monitoring cameras (Though I dont know why they need their own ones instead of using the council's ones). From driving by, only the mountings seem to be there. There doesn't seem to be any cameras in them yet.

Advertisement