Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing a Blaupunkt stereo from a 95' VW Polo

Options
  • 04-06-2008 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, as it says in the heading im trying to remone a blaupunkt stereo from a 95 VW Polo, trouble is I dont have the key needed to remove the stereo. My question is how hard is to get the stereo out without the key and doing as little damage as possible as I want to put in a Sony after. any help would be great thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

From memory, it can be done with coathangers and a little patience. The coathanger ends go into the holes at the corners of the stereo, for about 2cms after you first feel resistance. This unlocks the unit, you should then be able to gently prise it out by the corners. Alternatively, any ICE shop should be able to lend you a pair of tools if you pull up outside in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If it's the model I think, just get 4 smallish nails, about 1.5" long and push one into each of the 4 holes in each corner this should allow the set to be popped out with no damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

maybe post your location and somebody could loan you the release tool.
    Think I've a set at home somewhere...??

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

ShayK1 wrote: »
    maybe post your location and somebody could loan you the release tool.
    Think I've a set at home somewhere...??

Im from Newmarket in Co. Cork. Thanks for the fast replies guys, will try them tonight if i cant get a key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Im from Newmarket in Co. Cork. Thanks for the fast replies guys, will try them tonight if i cant get a key.

too far for me :(
    They're not expensive if you wanna buy one in a motor factor

• Advertisement
Advertisement