Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unpaid Fines

Options
  • 04-06-2008 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

:eek: Heh guys, last February I moved residence to the city, took a few weeks to get my car tax and parking permit sorted. In that period, i got 2 fines, one for no tax, one for no parking disc. I said at the time Id put it on the long finger and appeal them both. But stupidly I'd forgotten about the fines, even ignored the reminder when they came.

Then today I received a note from my postman, saying theres a registered letter waiting to be collected, then it clicked..... :o More than likely a summons...

Can I just go down to to local Corp and pay it, or is it too late? I want to avoid court...

Any advise would be appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

NeeNaw wrote: »
    :eek: Heh guys, last February I moved residence to the city, took a few weeks to get my car tax and parking permit sorted. In that period, i got 2 fines, one for no tax, one for no parking disc. I said at the time Id put it on the long finger and appeal them both. But stupidly I'd forgotten about the fines, even ignored the reminder when they came.

Then today I received a note from my postman, saying theres a registered letter waiting to be collected, then it clicked..... :o More than likely a summons...

Can I just go down to to local Corp and pay it, or is it too late? I want to avoid court...

If the summons is there its already been issued i'm afraid, it doesnt matter when you recieve it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

my suggestion is to pay the fines before your hearing.

At least then you can say "Sorry Judge. I forgot about them but I've since paid them"

just my 2cents. I've no personal experience to call on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

NeeNaw wrote: »

I'd pay the fines to start with but I wouldn't go and pick up the summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 L1979

Can a summons be delivered in the post?
    I thought that a summons could only be hand delivered by a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,343 ✭✭✭✭Victor

L1979 wrote: »
    Can a summons be delivered in the post?
    Yes. It is usually unregistered fro minor traffic matters.
    I thought that a summons could only be hand delivered by a Garda.
    That would typically be for serious or problematic stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement