Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP Event 5 $1,000 NLHE with rebuys

Options
  • 03-06-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭

Been following this on pokernews on and off this evening. Seems the rebuy period was madness.

check this $hit...

Reinforce The Legs on Table #12

That's the table Sorel Mizzi, Mark Vos, Steve Sung and Adam Glassman are playing at. The players at that table have made 58 rebuys. Sung personally made 23. Which means that there are A LOT of chips on that table. A table that isn't scheduled to break for rather a long time. Whoever manages to win most of the chips at that table is going to have a monster stack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

One of the earlier posts was that Chad Batusta (sp?) had $10k in chips to rebuy. Later on it was pointed out that Ivey had 100 on those $1k chips in front of him ready for action! I doubt any player at the table had even seen $100k on a table before!

I hope Steve Sung starts playing the $100r if he's out rebuying Sorel then that is sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Didn't Negreanu set the record for rebuys in this event previously, anyone know how many it was? Something insane anyway iirc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Didn't Negreanu set the record for rebuys in this event previously, anyone know how many it was? Something insane anyway iirc.
    yea your right.Cant remember how many but he came in the top 4 of the tourny in the end or something.Anything less and he woudlnt have broken even.I could be wrong.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It was 47 rebuys (and he did come 4th I think for north of a quarter million if memory serves). I have no idea why I remember things like that but forget my niece's name on occasion...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,652 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hellmuth Can't Dodge Bullets

Phil Hellmuth was in the cutoff when he bumped it preflop only for the small blind to go all-in. "I'm only calling because it's like, your third all-in in a row," Phil said as he made the call. Phil turned over pocket tens only to find out he was up against pocket aces. Phil failed to improve and is now down to 50,000 after the hand.

If I was the opponent there, I would not be able to resist roaring so the whole room could hear

'Hellmuth can't dodge bullets baby'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

DeVore wrote: »
    It was 47 rebuys (and he did come 4th I think for north of a quarter million if memory serves). I have no idea why I remember things like that but forget my niece's name on occasion...

DeV.

nope

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=6594

i dont remember it being that long ago though.. i though it was more recent that he used 47 rebuys and ended up bubbling the event..i think it was 05/06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

Ivey's chip leader in this event.. with Juanda, Hellmuth and Negreanu all with healthy stacks too

Advertisement